SC Project Exhaust fitted

dubakak

sc project AFM

for those still thinking about AFM.

i have been chatting with sc project customer service. very kind people there and fast response to my questions.

i asked for installation manual and different settings with performance air filter and db killer.

with db killer + stock air filter - value 5
withouth db killer + stock air filter - value 7
with db killer + performance filter - value 6 (this value is not from them, only i think it should be this)
without db killer + performance filter - value 8

"These are indicative values, because the carburetion is also influenced by environmental factors such as temperature and humidity.

In case the bike tends to crackle the value is slightly increased, if instead the muffler on the bottom to become dirty, the value must be decreased." customer service said.

hearing this i think it should be better to install AFM when you are on stock air filter with db killer. value 5 out of 10 is a lot i think.

Screenshot_2015-09-07-14-59-34.jpg

Last edited:

Delbee1

hi to all,
first of all, thank you for your usefull post showing package content and installation tutorial.

i love my sc project. the sound, look, build quality and everything for reasonable price.

i would like to ask owners if they are getting burned pipes on one place as i am

thanks in advance

View attachment 2312View attachment 2313

Hi All

The blue pipe may indicate its running lean and the pipes are getting too hot.

I too am interested in this exhaust for my bike, I think I would also get the controller with it as I know form turbo cars that I have owned that the close loop only works up to certain revs or boost pressure then the fuel map takes over, I would assume this is the same for bikes but not 100% sure

Robbo

Hi everyone

I got my exhaust a few weeks ago and finally picked up my bike on Monday.

So this evening I decided to remove to original exhaust and try to fit the SC exhaust.

Original came off no problem but the first part of the install is to fit the bushings and I can't get them to fit.

They don't seem to be perfectly round, are they supposed to be round or every so slightly oval?

I can get them to just hold in the block but they won't slide in. The original ones just fell straight out when I removed exhaust.

Did anyone else have any problems with them? Am I supposed to force them in using a rubber mallet? Am I doing something wrong?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

triple trouble

I usually copper slip mine and give them a gentle tap to make sure they're seated correctly. The headers will push them home when you tighten up the nuts on the studs.

Robbo

I've done it, sounds great.

Thanks for the re-assurance that I needed triple trouble.

Off for a ride now to enjoy it.

ptc

Hey guys. I got the SC a couple of weeks ago. Really happy with it but I had a small issue. I found the sound with the db killer not loud enough and without it too loud.

So I was looking for a way to make the db killer a little bit less effective. And that I did. The whole process took less than five minutes. Basically what I did was I simply sew off the cap of the db killer (the part on the right of the photo).
1398164948-DB_KILLER_SC_PROJECT.jpeg

That meant the gasses could now pass more freely. The result was exactly what I was looking for. Louder than before but there still is a range down low where the bike is reasonably quiet (up to 3-4krpm), something that simply doesn't exist with the db killer off.

Marski

sc project AFM

for those still thinking about AFM.

i have been chatting with sc project customer service. very kind people there and fast response to my questions.

i asked for installation manual and different settings with performance air filter and db killer.

with db killer + stock air filter - value 5
withouth db killer + stock air filter - value 7
with db killer + performance filter - value 6 (this value is not from them, only i think it should be this)
without db killer + performance filter - value 8

"These are indicative values, because the carburetion is also influenced by environmental factors such as temperature and humidity.

In case the bike tends to crackle the value is slightly increased, if instead the muffler on the bottom to become dirty, the value must be decreased." customer service said.

hearing this i think it should be better to install AFM when you are on stock air filter with db killer. value 5 out of 10 is a lot i think.

View attachment 2341
Any chance posting the document in better quality?
I can't read it.
Thanks in advance!
------------

Update: Got the document from SC-Project support within 24h.
Got a Sc-Project Black exhaust, Sc-Project airfilter and Sc-Project AFM.
Got on the road today with value AFM 5. Try 6 tomorrow.
I dont want to drive without db killer because I don't want to calibrate on a socially inadequate person.

Last edited: