Round Britain Rally

Ralph

Out on Friday doing a few waypoints on the Round Britain Rally, on to the M-way M55 after about 10 miles then a genuine 70 MPH
to J15 M6 just after Keel services, did 4 waypoints round the area then headed North for Whitchurch and the Raven Cafe, swapped
bikes with a mate for the last few miles a W800, how two twins of about the same size can feel so different is amazing, the W
is very like a very good in fact don't think they ever made one as good BSA 650, he thought the 07 was like a LC350 and the W
had a seat to kill for especially after 240 or so miles on the 07. It was raining as we came out of the cafe a truck driver was making
swimming action's as we fired the bikes up, did the last waypoint then joined the M-way M 56 at J10 then M6 North , I can honestly
say I have never been on a M-way under such bad conditions in or on any vehicle I swear there was a bloke on the hard shoulder building a ark.
Home after about 60 miles around a 300 mile round trip, roads were awash for the last 60 or so bike never missed a beat and
averaged about 77 mpg, how it does that under those conditions I will never know, gloves are still wet on Sunday boots had
to have the water bailed out of them but the rest stayed warm and dry, 4 points round North Wales next but I an going to
pick a day when there's no chance of rain.

DSCF5553.jpg

Last edited: