Replacing original turn signal bulbs

Gaulois

I would like to replace the original turn signal bulbs with improve LED visibility. Is it possible? I removed the original bulbs, but is there a standard size to which I can order some LED, if again, I can gain in illumination (visibility). I am talking about the original European turn signals.

Noggie

Your profile state you are in the US, is this a US bike?
Not sure this is so easy on a US bike, after all you have the front indicators on as marking lights, so I believe the original bulb is a dual filament type.
Not sure I have seen a single US bike with LED front indicators, most have them on the rear but not on the front.

Edit:
Apparently it can be done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQLReACo0C0

Last edited:

robodene

There has been mention on here of LED Plus replacements which are running lights as well as indicators available from Yam dealers (don't know about US). I shall be investigating.

Gaulois

I have a US bike, but replaced the original US turned signals with European turn signals ( smaller and MUCH better looking), but I don't find them very bright. So I wanted to upgrade to LED.
Concerning the flashing rate, the swap did increase the flashing rate, but being a non issue with the law around here, I like it better that way, as I see it being a higher visibility to to others.

Last edited: