Removing the throttle restrictor

imagine123

I've been looking around for how to remove the restrictions on the MT07, and to my understanding there should only be a throttle restriction on the EU versions?

I dont really understand how to remove it. I believe its the bracket over the throttle pulley with the finger that goes down and collide with the hook on the pulley.(Probably a terrible explanation).
However, how do one go about removing the restriction and do you need some new brackets or anything to make it work?

tw586

My understanding is the Australian and New Zealand bikes are restricted. (By ecu program, throttle and downsized to 660cc) all others are full powered at @70bhp

da1kini

My understanding is the Australian and New Zealand bikes are restricted. (By ecu program, throttle and downsized to 660cc) all others are full powered at @70bhp
Yes and no, there is a 48bhp available also in the EU market, for a another permit class below full version. But it is only restricted not any different in cc so therefore if the restriction is removed it gets full 70bhp from the engine.

imagine123

Good to hear that its only the throttle restriction.

Does anyone know where I could get one of those brackets for a unrestricted mt07? I dont really want to modify the one I have, rather have a stock part that I can change back to.

da1kini

Does anyone know where I could get one of those brackets for a unrestricted mt07? I dont really want to modify the one I have, rather have a stock part that I can change back to.
Well, first of all if you bought a restricted version just go back to your dealer and ask them to remove it.

Ralph

If you look on Evil Bay there are kit's available maybe by looking at the pics of them you can work out
what is needed but looking at them it looks a bit more involved than just a throttle movement restriction,
I've never seen a restricted one so not much help.

gregjet

I have made one and photos or original and new attached. Aussie model. Looks like the story that the removal of the upper restriction producing an ecu error on Aussie models is a myth. On the Aussie forum several people have removed their's without producing an error. My ecu was reflashed so I wasn't worried.
DSCN0873.jpgDSCN0891.jpg

tw586

who and where did you get the reflash done, I tried to have mine reflashed but the ecu is locked and when I removed the throttle restriction it logged a tps fault code and had to get the dealer to clear the code, the only way I can get a full power ecu is to send mine through the dealer to Italy( two week turn around)

gregjet

That is the Australian std throttle but I am beginning to suspect it is the same as the Euro restricted one. I got my ECUreflashed by ECU West in Perth. It was the first one so it actually went to Italy . He has the connectors and software now apparently.

Last edited:

Oren

Did you already find the part? Do you know itsl number? Does the replacement of the part require any other modifications?