Removing Rear Footpeg Hangers

MT-0Devon

Hi All,

As the title suggests....What are the options for a blanking plate, screws, luggage hooks?

Really would like some luggage hooks when i remove the rear footpeg hangers. I'm not paying R&G £55 so what else is on offer??? What's the screw thread size?

C'mon I am a woman!

cheers all x

CVSensei

Hi All,

As the title suggests....What are the options for a blanking plate, screws, luggage hooks?

Really would like some luggage hooks when i remove the rear footpeg hangers. I'm not paying R&G £55 so what else is on offer??? What's the screw thread size?

C'mon I am a woman!

cheers all x
I believe Evotech do some plates for around 40 quid and you can get non branded ones for around 30.

Bruudt do these for 26 :) Bruudt Yamaha MT 07 MT07 MT 07 Pillion Footrest Removal Blanking Plate Set | eBay

I personally went for the R+G's but it is extortionate for what you're actually getting :rolleyes:

foxracer

I went for the Bruudt one. Pretty good although I'm not sure it holds the brake fluid reservoir quite far enough away from the frame

Kiwi

I simply removed the rear footpegs, and left the holes exposed. The rear brake reservoir is in it's original orientation, because it has a rubber washer between itself and the chassis. Be careful if you choose to leave the reservoir on an angle, because spilled brake fluid is likely to damage your paintwork.

Removed footpegs.jpg

If you don't mind the way this looks, it's a 2 minute job, 1100g weight saving, and totally free.