Rear panel screw snapped.

addy

Picked up some led indicators and went to fit them today, lifted the rear seat and started to remove the plastic panel that sits between the front and rear seat. The left screw came out without any issues but the plastic on the right one just snapped as soon as I touched it.

Looks like whoever changed the battery lead during the recall a while back seriously over tightened the screw to a point where it cracked the plastic.

Under seat bolt.jpg
IMG_20150705_155625.jpg

Back to metropolis motorcycles with another issue where i'm sure I will get fobbed off....

Ralph

That's the second I have seen like that I believe Yamaha changed the panel under warranty.

addy

Response from dealer (metropolis motorcycles): "Be a man and admit you broke it"

Time to find a new dealer with competent mechanics and manners.

addy

Maybe that would be good advice to the mechanic that did the battery.
Yea, hard to prove the damage was caused by them as the work was done quite a while ago but you can see where its been over tightened and the panel hasn't been touched since.

Was told by a lot of people after I got the bike that the service part of metropolis is a joke with incompetent mechanics.

bypasser

Have to say that I avoided buying from metropolis due to similar stories and the fact the sales staff weren't very helpful when I was there and one even suggested I pay to test ride more than one bike....

I'm currently using Slocombes in north London and so far I've been very happy with sales and service.

Can't tell from the pics. Does it look like an easy replacement fix?

addy

Have to say that I avoided buying from metropolis due to similar stories and the fact the sales staff weren't very helpful when I was there and one even suggested I pay to test ride more than one bike....

I'm currently using Slocombes in north London and so far I've been very happy with sales and service.

Can't tell from the pics. Does it look like an easy replacement fix?
The only way to fix it is by replacing the whole side and middle plastics, luckily it doesn't effect the bike it anyway and the bit of plastic between the seat stays in place but it just pisses me off big time.

craigieboy

If that was me knowing it was Definatley the dealer that done that, I'd be recommending my mate have a shot of there demonstator mt-07 and while out on his test ride he stops by my place and swap it over :p

addy

If that was me knowing it was Definatley the dealer that done that, I'd be recommending my mate have a shot of there demonstator mt-07 and while out on his test ride he stops by my place and swap it over :p
someone here wanna take their bike for a test ride lol?

The screw has definitely been over tightened which they say is impossible to do and the only time it was touched was when it was in for the battery cable recall.

Got a few other warranty issues I need sorting out so will have to find another dealer that will do it, if I left it with metropolis again it would probably come back worse than how I left it.