Question on finance

Paul_R1

Hi all
My question is if i got a bike on finance from a dealers and they could supply an akropovic exhaust would they be able to include the price of the akropovic in the repayments ??

dazzor

Hi all
My question is if i got a bike on finance from a dealers and they could supply an akropovic exhaust would they be able to include the price of the akropovic in the repayments ??
Most likely yes but not sure.

Better still, why use the dealers finance? Get yourself an interest free on purchases credit card (interest free for 24 months as an example) and use that.

You'll pay a fee for using the card with a dealer, should be 1.5%, so about £80 if the bike is £5350.

Then, in 2 years, if you haven't cleared the card of debt, get a another deal on an interest free card that is focusing on interest free on outstanding balance transfers. Barclays were doing one card that was interest free on balance transfers for 31 months recently I think.

So there you have a total of 55 months interest free credit... The fees you pay on the two cards will be far less than the total interest you'd pay with a dealer....unless they are doing an interest free deal, usually incentivised by manufacturers....don't think Yamaha are doing this at the moment.

Hope this helps

Darren

Last edited:

sdrio

Far as I can see, the dealers will normally stick anything you like (within reason) on the finance. It's not done through Yamaha directly, it's done via Black Horse, or another co whose name I forget. You;re basically taking out a personal loan.

As the Akra is an 'official' Yamaha upgrade, I'm about 99% sure they'll include that.