Puig Screen, filter & PlastiDip

craigieboy

Been looking at screens for a while and found this Puig one but couldnt find any reviews on it or any pics of it fitted other than the stock image on the for sale page. Bit the bullet and ordered it anyway :p. I Previously had the Ermax sport Screen (The shorter one) but Didnt really like it anymore. As i was on the look out for a screen I thought i'd try a taller one. I mostly use my bike for Runs at the weekend which can be all day affairs so maybe the little bit of extra wind protection might help a little.

I also PlastiDipped the Covers above the footpegs the other day as I've seen a couple of others on here had done it and it looked great. As its PlastiDip its not permanent and can be easily removed. Not sure how Durable it is but time will tell Only cost £12 for a can though.

Finally also fitted a K&N air filter. Really easy install.

Havent been out with the new screen yet so will report back on how it does.

Fitted today here are some pics :

mellanslag

Looks nice.. where did you get it, and for how much?

Please update the thread when you've tested the screen, would really like to know if it makes a big difference. The MT-07 is a nice street bike, but for longer rides, the wind is really tiresome imo.

Vasago

They look like a giant whistle ;) However, this is the best looking screen I've seen so far. I'm looking forward to read more about how it works.

Agnieszka

puig screen update

Hi Guys!

I'm happy MT's owner for over a year now with over 15 k km behind us..:)

Although last year I traveled from Poland to Montenegro without a screen, for this year's trip to the Alps I would like to get myself one.

From the currently available market offer I like puig's screen the most (I mean the one mentioned in this topic). Could you share your opinions about it with me please? I'm not tall (168 cm - which amounts to 5,5 feets I guess) - do you know by any chance if this screen would be suitable for me?

Thanks in advance!

Agnieszka

craigieboy

Wee update to this,

The PlastiDip lasted for about 2 and a half months but now has a little bubble on the left side (gear side) where some rubbing must occur beside my leg/foot. The rest of the plate/cover is fine though. Pitty as the other side is like new still (brake side). Anyway parts currently being painted so should last longer. Wouldn't hestitate to use the PlastiDip again on another application elsewhere as it held up well, and like it advertised removal was easy. Obviously it just can't stand up that well against any abrasion.

Love the screen. Great protection and looks diffrent aswell. Got fed up with the same generic screens you see on every MT/FZ.

Last edited: