Post a picture of your MT-07

mrirvs

Hi Peter,

After I test rode the MT I posted some thoughts here

http://www.motorcycle-talk.net/forum/2014-yamaha-mt-07-fz-07-reviews/32-mt-07-vs-bmw-f800r-post135.html

I've only owned the bike for a week but my comparison is still the same. I can't really give true fuel consumption figures etc at the moment as I'm running it in but the current average is 61.4 MPG.

However the MT is way more fun, the engine just feels so much stronger at the bottom end but not quite as strong as the F800 after about 5-6k. But the difference is not that much. The MT motor has that lazy but strong feeling to it, hard to describe but it's just FUN.

The MT has quicker more precise handling but feels harsher over rough roads.

The brakes are not as powerful on the MT, especially the front but it is still easily good enough and I have the ABS version.

The quality of MT is very good but I would say that BMW is better in some respects like the way the switch gear operates the computer etc is nicer but this is being very picky and expected given the price difference.

The comfort is not bad on the MT but don't expect BMW levels though.

Did you test ride the MT before buying it? If you didn't you are a brave but lucky guy, you made the right decision.

Enjoy it......

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

P

Peter

I had no possibility to test ride this bike. The dealers have no demo bike at all. Our market is marginal here in Hungary.
Yes, I am brave to order it without test. But all or nothing. What can I loose?
If I wait for the demo bike and order it after the test then I will get it in June or July. It is unacceptable.

Here are my points why MT-07:
I had a 600 ccm inline four Japan bike earlier. It was smooth and strong but a bit boring. So I started to think move forward. What is the next step? 1000 ccm sportbike? No thank you, they are too fast. You can not enjoy it in the legal speed range.
I use the bike to commute to work and fun ride 2-3 hours at weekends. So the fun factor is important for me.
Moreover I realized that I don't like heavy bikes. So I bought a used F800S to test a parallel twin bike. And I loved it. But as I mentioned in my previous post I had some problems and read horror stories so I sold it.
I would buy a NC750X but I found the power is low and the price increased by 10% compared to NC700X. Additionally that bike is too high for me. To much compromises. Didn't know what to buy. And the MT exploded into this vacuum so I had nothing to do just sign the papers.

I feel that I made good decision. Can't wait.

mrirvs

Hi Peter,

Trust me if you liked the engine in the F800, and I did too, you will LOVE the MT power delivery.

keep posting to let us know how you get on :)

P

Peter

Of course.
The bike is on the trailer and will be landed at the dealer today or tomorrow morning.

DJP

...I can't really give true fuel consumption figures etc at the moment as I'm running it in but the current average is 61.4 MPG...
That's pretty much what I'm getting. I've put three tanks of fuel through mine with (according to fuelly) an overall average of 61.1mpg.

Seems pretty good to me.

Of course, I'm still running in and varying the revs more than I normally would. If I was actually riding for economy, I reckon the bike could do better than that.

P

Peter

Guys, I'm confused.

As you know we don't use MPG to measure the fuel consumption. We use Litre/100 km. I tried to convert 60 MPG to L/100km but I realized that there are two MPGs in the world. One is the imperial gallon and the other one is the US gallon. The difference is about 20%.
I'm afraid you in the UK use the imperial gallon so 60 MPG is approx 4.8 L/100 km. It is not too good.
I always use a bookmarked page to convert MPG but it uses US gallon. 60 US MPG is only approx 4 L/100 km which is pretty good but this is not the reality.

Am I right? (a bit disappointed in this case)

zappalia

What I can tell you is that I rode 310 km with a consumption of 4,0 L. As the engine is breaking in, and these are the first 300 km, I find it very nice.

Phil_B

I'll try and tidy this thread up (move some posts) when I am back on the laptop, rather than phone - but could I ask some of you guys to start new threads please for comparisons and fuel figures. It will help the site grow and also keep the threads focused on topic

Jon

OK Peter, I'm another Brit! The conversion is 1 imperial gallon=4.545963 litres and 1 mile = 1.609344 km. so mrirvs 61.4mpg is 4.4 litres/100km. Close to your rough calculation of 4.8
But zappalia used only 1.3 L/100km

This is a massive difference! Puzzled.

As I haven't got my MT yet I can't check, but I think I read that you can switch the speedo to read km/h or mph by pressing a button (very handy!). Also, I think it can show instant and cumulative consumption (that weird "ECO" symbol must be based on some measure of fuel use) If it can, and the firmware is well written, maybe all the internal calcs go metric too. So maybe it will show instant and cumulative consumption in metric for us Brits too?? Possibly your bike can show mpg? But not sure why anyone except a Brit used to thinking in mpg would want it, since we also buy our fuel in litres, not gallons. Have done for many years! So confusing......

Phil_B

No worries Jon, I'll try and put the posts together into an MPG thread tonight. All useful info.

P

Peter

Hi,

My bike has just arrived to the dealer. Expected date is 11th of April.

MT07 (4).jpg

Jon

Thats a long time to do a pre-dlivery-inspection!! Its going to be a painful wait!

P

Peter

It is not just the PDI. The first thing is the customs because it origins from outside of EU. Vehicle registration, number plate, insurance, ...etc. F...d administration. But every day I'm getting closer.

J-dan

ABS model as the waiting time for a non ABS was not until June for myself.
Tail tidy and Rad cover will be fitted sometime this week.
And hopefully have an exhaust by may.

blueglue

My dealer was expecting mine in on the 10th for delivery on 12th but fortunately it turned up early and i rushed out and picked it up. The usual deep armor ABS. Just done 70 miles scrubbing the tyres in around town and had a blast down the motorway and nearly got blown off hehe.

A picture of me just after pick up (im 6'2)

1858.jpg