paddock stand ?

Yam MT 07

hi all mt-ers , is anybody using a paddock stand for chain adjustment or cleaning ? I would like to use my abba stand when the fitting kit comes out but I don't really fancy taking the swing arm pivot covers off every time . has anyone fitted any bobbins if so where ? cheers everyone

Yam MT 07

hi and30ers , thanks for the info and pictures , that looks like a good set up for cleaning / lubing , I don't like all that rain / wet thou !!!!!!!!!!! ;)

MADAPE

I've fitted the Evo Tech bobbins and they work fine (also available from R&G). I was worried that they were spaced wider than the normal screw in type but my paddock stand fits fine with them.

MADAPE

Yep, straight through. Easy to fit and remove, which I assume is necessary when adjusting the chain.

D

Deleted member 20

hi and30ers , thanks for the info and pictures , that looks like a good set up for cleaning / lubing , I don't like all that rain / wet thou !!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Always sunny in Sweden, the "rain" is from my garden hose
Did a trip to Norway last week, also sunny but snowy.
View attachment 636

Yam MT 07

hi and30ers , sorry I could not see your photos , when I opened the link it said content currently unavailable . Norway sounds like a really great place to visit , I read once , I think , that there is a road that goes around the top above the arctic circle and onto Finland , that sounds very appealing !!!!!!!!!!!! :) ;)

D

Deleted member 20

Don't know the exact words in English but for the left side I used a thread making tap to produce threads in the hole that don't have threads to start with. The hole is perfetc size for making it M8. Took like 10 min gently working it using gearbox oil as lube.

D

Deleted member 20

To be fair the pics above show v1.0 with a M6 through wheel axis and nuts on both sides. Wasn't strong enough, v2.0 using M8 both sides are perfect.

PedroPat

Left side with M8 thread tap, then a std M8 hex bold. Right side using rubber expander on M8 hex bolt. Can use stand only for cleaning and lubricating chain, not for wheel removal or chain tension.

View attachment 630
View attachment 631
View attachment 632
View attachment 634
View attachment 635
View attachment 633
Those are great pics but from what I can see you will not be able to take the rear wheel off with that set up. I'm not even sure one could adjust the chain.

D

Deleted member 20

Correct, as I stated in post #2. For chain adjust I remove left side spool only, right side spool never need to come off. I clean & lube chain much more frequent than I need to tension it.

sdrio

I use a lower tech solution.

No bobbins required, and you can obviously adjust the chain using this, but it is def not as secure as And30ers version, so you have to be a little more careful. Having said that, in 4 years, I've never dropped a bike off of it.

They're about £25, you can find them on Ebay.

mt07.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

I'm re-using my old stands I have used for other "proper" bikes with spools. So my stand doesn't have swing resting plates as option.
View attachment 687