Oxford Grips instalation

msesma

I have been gifted with a pait of Oxford heated grips by a great friend of mine and I was ver excited about not having my hands freezed anymore during these months.

But as those grips are for universal fitting, the cables are too long and the connectors too bad. Mounting those grips as they are will result in lots of cables and insulating tape that couldn't be totaly hidden. So I custom cut all the cables avoiding the left grip connector and changed the other two for APM waterproof high quality ones.

The controller is mounted with the left mirror screw by a small aluminium platen I cut and painted. The connections are taken from the fuse box, auxiliary output chaging the fuse from 2 to 5 A. This way there is no need for the included fuse and the grips will only work with the contact key ON.

All the extra work has been worth. The installation is much more clean and my hands are warm :)

1 (Custom).jpg2 (Custom).jpg3 (Custom).jpg4 (Custom).jpg5 (Custom).jpg6 (Custom).jpg

craigieboy

These fit and work fine without modification and there is no excess wiring that can't be hidden on an MT-07

Good for you though

sdrio

Mine is just rolled up and cable tied to the frame under the right hand panel. There's plenty of room under there.

Noggie

Mine is just rolled up and cable tied to the frame under the right hand panel. There's plenty of room under there.
I just rolled them up and stuck it behind the left side panel on mine.
With cable ties it looks tidy.

Credit to the OP for going that extra mile though :)