Not long now

sdrio

I'm looking forward to doing the entire commute in the light.

When the clocks go forward, I'll be able to go home through Richmond park, which closes at dusk. It's always a nice little unwinder at the end of the day.

Eddieh93

haha sdrio, I know I've already looked, just in the process of buying a house so got a few expenses at the minute, but as soon as that is complete I will be purchasing or at the very least going to look at some of their stuff.

A few people including yourself have told me its quality stuff and for that price tag I would hope so as well.

bobh

A few people including yourself have told me its quality stuff and for that price tag I would hope so as well.
I'm a firm believer in sod's law - you buy expensive kit, you come off and ruin it.

Get a cheap waterproof oversuit!

sdrio

haha sdrio, I know I've already looked, just in the process of buying a house so got a few expenses at the minute, but as soon as that is complete I will be purchasing or at the very least going to look at some of their stuff.

It's probably obvious to say, but it's simply a 'problem solved'.

I've spent decades getting to work or home in various states of sogginess, and always took the view that it was just something I had to live with. Having a top notch set of waterproofs makes a really big difference though - I don't even bother to check the weather before I walk out now, it just makes no difference. I know I'll get where I'm going completely dry, even when it's absolutely pissing down.

Point is, it seems like a small thing, but it's an end to the small niggling voice in the back of your head telling you you're going to get wet. You only realise how insistent that voice was when it is gone . . .!

On the other hand, I absolutely see that it might not be a priority when you're doing something like buying a house. You're looking at spending a grand, and even of you finance that, it's still a pile of money. Like I said, I rode for years getting wet for the same reasons - I simply had better things to spend money on.

Good luck with the house buying, may your shed be warm and dry, and have a good wide door :D

Yaminator

It's probably obvious to say, but it's simply a 'problem solved'.

I've spent decades getting to work or home in various states of sogginess, and always took the view that it was just something I had to live with. Having a top notch set of waterproofs makes a really big difference though - I don't even bother to check the weather before I walk out now, it just makes no difference. I know I'll get where I'm going completely dry, even when it's absolutely pissing down.

Point is, it seems like a small thing, but it's an end to the small niggling voice in the back of your head telling you you're going to get wet. You only realise how insistent that voice was when it is gone . . .!

On the other hand, I absolutely see that it might not be a priority when you're doing something like buying a house. You're looking at spending a grand, and even of you finance that, it's still a pile of money. Like I said, I rode for years getting wet for the same reasons - I simply had better things to spend money on.

Good luck with the house buying, may your shed be warm and dry, and have a good wide door :D
I hear you sdrio, but with me i do have decent waterproofs as i commute on my bike..
So the way i deal with it is to have a winter hack (scooter)
& now its getting to the time that i'm missing a bit of umph/torque, scratching/playtime & not least the less cleaning time.. So please understand my frustration ;)

sdrio

I hear you sdrio, but with me i do have decent waterproofs as i commute on my bike..
So the way i deal with it is to have a winter hack (scooter)
& now its getting to the time that i'm missing a bit of umph/torque, scratching/playtime & not least the less cleaning time.. So please understand my frustration ;)
Absolutely - have done kind of the same myself for the last two years, using my 125 scooter and the MT.

But I couldn't be disciplined enough to use the scooter every day, I'd alway crack by Wednesday ir Thursday and take the MT.

I changed the scooter for an R1 a few weeks ago, and now it's the opposite. I should use the MT, but I can't resist using the catastrophically thirsty R1 1 or 2 days a week. (25mpg tops).