New MT 07 launched

Crypto

In Sweden the MT-07 price for 2015 is up 5% compared to 2014 model. Make sense since current inflation is -0,4%. NOT!
The actual price won't be revealed until nov/dec though. Also, Yamaha Motor Scandinavia contacted me and said all the colors of 2014 except red will be available for the 2015 model, although Race Blu has been modified as have already been pointed out earlier in this thread. It may still be possible for me to get a red one in march if I order one through a Yamaha Center as those dealerships take priority over others.

D

Deleted member 20

I wouldn't.

Kawa just dropped price for 2015 ER-6N so now it's priced same as 2015 MT07. In 2014 ER-6n was 6,6% more expensive than MT, Yamaha will now loose sales to Kawa, stupid move from Yamaha.
Yamaha should have done the same drop as Kawa to maintain the difference between the two, and at the same time meet the exact price of the Gladius.
Then Yamaha would have gotten ALL the sales, no questions asked, and 2x the volume.

My 5 cent.

D

Deleted member 20

The actual price won't be revealed until nov/dec though. Also, Yamaha Motor Scandinavia contacted me and said all the colors of 2014 except red will be available for the 2015 model, although Race Blu has been modified as have already been pointed out earlier in this thread. It may still be possible for me to get a red one in march if I order one through a Yamaha Center as those dealerships take priority over others.
I know, dealers are advertising their best guess. Last year dealers pre-advertised 59900 SEK but it came out at 60900 SEK which I think is too much compared to the EUR price in Germany.
Let us hope Yamaha Motor Scaninavia reads this forum and keep current price or drops it to 59900 SEK.

sdrio

cosmikdebriis

I have mixed feelings on this. Obviously it would be great if the Yamaha was cheaper but as far as the others reducing their prices. It may just make them look desperate to sell their bikes as their models are old and out of date. That could well backfire (if you'll pardon the motorcycling pun) on them.

The option to buy "the latest thing" may well have a significant draw for potential purchasers. After all, that's what modern marketing is all about.

On the other hand. Actually raising a price without a significant improvement to the bike in some way is certainly not a good idea, as it leaves new customers feeling ripped off.

My hapeth...

sdrio

I have mixed feelings on this. Obviously it would be great if the Yamaha was cheaper but as far as the others reducing their prices. It may just make them look desperate to sell their bikes as their models are old and out of date. That could well backfire (if you'll pardon the motorcycling pun) on them.

The option to buy "the latest thing" may well have a significant draw for potential purchasers. After all, that's what modern marketing is all about.

On the other hand. Actually raising a price without a significant improvement to the bike in some way is certainly not a good idea, as it leaves new customers feeling ripped off.

My hapeth...
I can see where you're coming from, but you have to bear in mind the marketing department don't decide how many bikes are going to be sold, the economists do that.

The MT07 has been extremely successful, you only have to read one of the 'when are you getting yours' threads to see they were absolutely swamped by demand for the first 6 months.

One of the first things you do when you study economics is learn to draw a supply/demand graph. Demand drops as the price rises, but your price will be where that demand line crosses your supply limit. Demand has been high - probably much higher than they expected when they launched, so the equilibrium point will now be higher. They will still sell a shitload of bikes at the higher price.

I don't think people will feel ripped off, they still have choices. I'd say it's more likely those of us that got them at the cheaper price can be happy about it.

Blakduk

The MT-09 has USD forks and the MT-07 has the old fashioned conventional forks. Is this a bad thing and does it mean the 07 has older fashioned suspension or what?

D

Deleted member 20

MT07 has conventional 41 mm forks with 130 mm travel. No adjustments.
MT09 has inverted 41 mm forks with 137 mm travel. Adjustable for spring preload 15 mm and rebound damping.
So one could argue the MT09 has a better/more advanced front.
View attachment 2364

Last edited by a moderator:

sdrio

The MT-09 has USD forks and the MT-07 has the old fashioned conventional forks. Is this a bad thing and does it mean the 07 has older fashioned suspension or what?
Don't know the prices off the top of my head, but I always got the feeling the MT07 was made strictly as a budget bike, the MT09 not so much.

The MT07 is definitely made cheaply. Not that that's always a bad thing, the corners have been cut with some thought - the engine is very good indeed, they haven't messed with that.They have skimped in other less important areas (you might not agree though) such as suspension etc.

Definitely older fashioned, but then we're paying less for them.

gregjet

One day I will find an MT09 front end and graft it one and fix up the spring and damping at the same time. The MT should have had USD's but it's competitors didn't so it hasn't. ( OK the Versys does but not the ER's and ninja650)

Ralph

XSR700 Scrambler in my local dealers it's a demo bike so will blag it for a hour or two .