New MT 07 launched

MassMan

Looks like yellow and blue will be the only two colours available in my country next year. Happy I got my matt grey before it was too late.

Kaff

Honestly, the "stunt"-version of the MT-07 is nothing but a standard MT-07 with a really tacky color scheme and some rubber bits glued here and there in case you love to drop your bike constantly. Not my thing by a long shot. Glad I got the Matt Grey..

towner87

My personal opinion.... I am not a fan, Its just had bits stuck to it here and there and made to look appealing to those who like tacky bits.

Shame they didn't do a suspension upgrade or made the led screen slightly higher, or the mirrors slightly wider ect.

That said I do quite like the blue version with silver panels...as a colour scheme.

D

Deleted member 20

You guys don't need Yamaha's help to mod your bike to your likings. Need better rear view, get extenders or a wider £30 Renthal aluminium bars. Want hand guards, get some from Acerbis, Givi etc. off eBay. Want CNC levers, $ 25 from eBay Hong Kong incl. shipping.

Crypto

Looks like yellow and blue will be the only two colours available in my country next year. Happy I got my matt grey before it was too late.
It's the same for Sweden which saddens me quite a bit. I am currently saving to buy an MT-07 as my first bike in march next year. Red was my first choice and I've been visualizing for a couple of months what it was gonna be like to go to the dealers and get a brand-spanking new red one. Neither of the two new colors interest me at all so I'm not sure how I'll get my red MT now :( The matt grey was the one I was gonna go for in case I'd have to wait in line for a red one. Now not even the grey will be sold here? Or the beautiful white one. Come on!

Maybe there's an easy fix, ordering the red plastic sides separately or something. I need to find a way. If it's too much of a hassle I guess I'll go to Germany some time in march and pick up a 2015 matt grey.

there is another version on the 07 to come out but its on hold until a well known rider gives approval for his decals and colours to be used. with come with the akra like they did with the 09 street rally. decal sheets will be available to customise other mt's i bet.

D

Deleted member 20

... I am currently saving to buy an MT-07 as my first bike in march next year. Red was my first choice and I've been visualizing for a couple of months what it was gonna be like to go to the dealers and get a brand-spanking new red one. Neither of the two new colors interest me at all so I'm not sure how I'll get my red MT now :( The matt grey was the one I was gonna go for in case I'd have to wait in line for a red one. Now not even the grey will be sold here? Or the beautiful white one...
Sthlms MC Varuhus claims they have a red MT07 in stock. Get that one now! Alternatively there is a white one on Blocket with 1300 km on the meter at 57 KSEK that you most probably can negotiate down to 55K. With this one you also save the 2K for first service since it's done in August.

Also Yam Center Helsingborg claim they have red, white and race blue in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmkk

I'm still waiting for my MT, I'm glad this one doesn't look better than the original..

sdrio

It's the same for Sweden which saddens me quite a bit. I am currently saving to buy an MT-07 as my first bike in march next year. Red was my first choice and I've been visualizing for a couple of months what it was gonna be like to go to the dealers and get a brand-spanking new red one. Neither of the two new colors interest me at all so I'm not sure how I'll get my red MT now :( The matt grey was the one I was gonna go for in case I'd have to wait in line for a red one. Now not even the grey will be sold here? Or the beautiful white one. Come on!

Maybe there's an easy fix, ordering the red plastic sides separately or something. I need to find a way. If it's too much of a hassle I guess I'll go to Germany some time in march and pick up a 2015 matt grey.
You could also vinyl wrap the plastic bits to whatever colour you like. It's just 3 pieces, I did mine in a couple of hours with £10 worth of vinyl (about 12 euros?).

Also heard you could use plastidip, but haven't seen the results.

D

Deleted member 20

Vinyl is a good option, but there is more to it than just 3 panels. Some colour options have painted front mud guards. 3 different frame colours. 2 different rear shock spring colours. 2 different rim colours. 2 different tail MT logo colours. I think 2 different tail plastic colours?
And some paints are rich metallic, can you get that with vinyl?

sdrio

Vinyl is a good option, but there is more to it than just 3 panels. Some colour options have painted front mud guards. 3 different frame colours. 2 different rear shock spring colours. 2 different rim colours. 2 different tail MT logo colours. I think 2 different tail plastic colours?
And some paints are rich metallic, can you get that with vinyl?
I'm no expert, but you can get various effect with vinyl, matt, chrome, the dreaded carbon fibre, all in different colours. I've seen metallic offered, but not sure how faithful it is to a genuine metallic (flake type) paintjob.

I'm saying 3 parts, as my racing red one only has colour on the two 'tank' panels (They're not actually part of the tank) and the small strip between them. Other than those, it's just a mixture of textured plastic or metal, mostly either black or aluminium.

Frame though - I'd admit I wouldn't want to try and wrap that . . .

Crypto

Sthlms MC Varuhus claims they have a red MT07 in stock. Get that one now!
I saw the ad for that one as soon as it came up and believe me if it were an option for me to buy a bike already, I'd be on my way to Stockholm right now.
I'm a cash-strapped student as it is, and just getting my license this year was enough of a dent in my finances to not allow for a bike purchase. Used or new. In my case aquiring my license cost me around $3300 since I did all my learning through a school. But I figured it was worth it because it meant I'd be able to enjoy the whole motorcycling season of next year from start to finish. I'm happy to finally have my license that I've been wanting for so long but on the other hand, now that I have it, I don't get to ride at all haha :p

About the new "crazy" ones, I'm not really interested in those as they seem to be having TOO much going on for them at the same time, appearance-wise. If Yamaha in Scandinavia are dead set on only bringing the yellow and the new Race Blu ones to Sweden, and my local Yamaha Center can't help me get a Red or Matt Grey I'm not sure what I'll do yet. Also, I'm guessing this new Moto Cage one is the reason the regular red is being discontinued. I hate you, Moto Cage :mad:

da1kini

I think its the homepage for Sweden that is not updated, as you can see they have also removed all yamaha parts for sale but the screen... Wait and see, they will update the site is my guess...

Crypto

I think its the homepage for Sweden that is not updated, as you can see they have also removed all yamaha parts for sale but the screen... Wait and see, they will update the site is my guess...
I really hope that's the case but it's the same for all scandinavian counterparts so I'm not so sure.

da1kini

I really hope that's the case but it's the same for all scandinavian counterparts so I'm not so sure.
first out would be the english, spanish and german sites. Scandinavia second- but maybe your right. But think not!

D

Deleted member 20

In Sweden the MT-07 price for 2015 is up 5% compared to 2014 model. Make sense since current inflation is -0,4%. NOT!