New exhaust. Do I need new gaskets as well?

GuyInTheCorner

Hi Guys.
I've hammered my credit card and bought myself a new Leovince exhaust. I'm fairly new to working on the bike myself but I'm pretty mechanically minded am determined to learn. It's just the experience I don't have. I've got all the tools & copper grease I'll need to fit it. My question is. Do i need new gaskets as well? I've done 400 miles since my first service where they were replaced for new ones. Will i get away with not replacing them again or is it worth doing?

Cheers for the help.

hahapik

Hi,
Yes you will probably need new ones. The cost should be 1/1000 less than your exaust, this will not be a high expense :).

Cheers.

rappetor

When I ordered my exhaust I also ordered some gaskets with it (got them for free). However, the new gaskets were thinner than the original ones. So I used the original ones again, and there is no leakage. But the exhaust gaskets are indeed so cheap, just get some new ones from the Yamaha dealer (and don't do like me :)).

GuyInTheCorner

Cheers guys. Job's all done now. I managed to fit it in the rain on my lunch break. Fairly straight forward other than the springs. It doesn't come with anything to pull on them so I had to get creative. I can't really call the original an exhaust, it's definitely a silencer. The bike finally sounds like a grown up bike instead of a 125.

IMG_2274.jpgIMG_2275.jpg