My planned mods are done for now, whats next?

Ipman

Hi all

I've done my minor mods now, that in combination with the previous owner made my inital list complete:

R&G TidyTail, Arrow system, Screen unknown, R&G Barends fitted by previous owner

Fender extender carbon, EP radiator cover, homemade grills front&rear, adjustable levers, mirror extenders "homemade", OEM heated grips, rim stripes.

So, now what? Was thinking about carbon heel plates and maybe powdercoat framecovers matte black, would that improve anything?

20151123_203310.jpg20151123_203156.jpg20151123_203141.jpg20151123_203220.jpg

Ipman

It a small reflex from R&G, I believe Swedish law requires a red reflex facing rear (previous owner put it there)

Noggie

this may be a hard pill to swallow, but forks to be re-valved is the biggest mod that will have immediate grin factor
I agree with this.
the suspension really needs some work.

I'm on the fence about a new fork cartridge and rear shock..... just waiting for the MT-10 prices to see if I will upgrade the MT-07 or upgrade bike :)

Wanderfound

The most obvious aesthetic mod would be to tuck that rear brake reservoir out of sight. A bit of bent aluminium painted black would do it.

Ipman

About the suspension, I've read all the opinions on it, but I only had time to put 350km on it before season ended, so I need more time to decide how I want it (still a rookie on a street bike so need to start pushing it a bit harder to make my own conclusions..;-)

Noggie

About the suspension, I've read all the opinions on it, but I only had time to put 350km on it before season ended, so I need more time to decide how I want it (still a rookie on a street bike so need to start pushing it a bit harder to make my own conclusions..;-)
I guess the need in some way depends on your weight.
I'm just over 100kg with my gear on and I find the rear vague at times, the front is way to soft, too much dive during braking.
At straight line speeds above 100kph I feel like I loose contact with the rear, and it sometimes feels like it drifts/shimmy from side to side even if going straight.(is just a feeling not actually happening).
The feel comes back if I just put a little load to either side, but this does not provide confidence.
In corners both the front and rear is too vague, I got my pre-load set to 8 and that helped a bit, bit not happy with it as the bike does not feel planted and confident when pushing it even just a little.

I would imagine that a lighter rider don't have the same issues as me though.