My fellow MT7 riders i need your help with something

Yaminator

Hi guys can you help me?

What it is, the other day i stopped at a set of lights with the bike in first gear and because i knew these set of lights was a long wait i hit the kill switch on the handle bar then waited.
After a while just before my lights went green i put the handlebar switch to on pulled in the clutch then started the bike... But it wouldn't start only until i put the bike in neutral then it went..??
It didn't seem right to me.??
So can someone try the same thing and tell me otherwise. Ps don't do it when there's traffic behind you.. ;) ie a safer environment.. Thanks.

shadowmonkey

Never happened to me before.
Have you tried it again in a better situation? If no joy there is a sensor just like the side stand under the clutch lever that moves in and out every time you use the clutch, make sure that it's not sticking and maybe spray it with oil.

Last edited:

Ralph

As shadowmonkey said also

Under the clutch lever are two connectors make sure they are connected.

Last edited:

Yaminator

Yea Guys Thanks for your help, Its fixed. I took off the Clutch switch for a closer inspection & im lucky this switch can be dismantled,
So apart it came with the greatest of care of the spring that can fly out..!
I give it a clean up re-greased and put it back & its ok for now?

PS I did notice a small bit of corrosion on the sliding contacts just to let you know. ;)

Last edited:

Yaminator

I also wonder if this has anything to do with the famous MT07 engine cut-out issue. as im thinking about it, i did notice the operation of the clutch switch did also operate a relay and with the little corroded patch on the slide switch inside the Mechanism would of co-insided a bad spot, so with this in mind it could of disturbed that relay causing the engine to cut out while operating the clutch lever..??

Ralph

When you pull in the clutch that switch not only tells the ecu to over ride the starter inhibitor if it's in gear and side stand down
it also retards the ignition timing a few degrees and if the bike is on the over run it wakes up the fuelling so the engine does
not stall, they can also cut out just as you open the throttle from tick over as mine was, on mine this was due to a slight imbalance
in the injector bodies and running a little weak at low revs.