My bike is going up for sale

amavro

Mine is sold now to a friend who also lives close to me so I can see it sometimes because I am going to miss it for sure .Got a new tracer red .thank you all on this forum , let us hope we would meet again or the moderator here opens a new section for tracer so we can grow our family even more .
Btw and30ers you were right about the Brembo pads , that was the last upgrade , braking improved a lot .
Be safe all and enjoy your mt,it is the best bike ever .
2 pics of Me and my tracer and Savvas (my friend ) with my EX. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DeadHead

Thinking of selling mine and getting an MT-09 after trying one out last week. Absolutely love my 07 I'm just thinking out loud, I've sent and email to the dealer to see what he offers me. If I end up keeping it I'll still be happy, it's a great bike.

loneranger

yep still for sale. selling off the add ons separately now. Just advertised the tank cover on eBay . Reduced to £5400 now. If it doesn't sell for what I want I will still have a great bike for the summer. Might take the aura off and sell separately also and the rear carrier and box I could take off and reuse if I bought the MT09. Ive got my eye on this now as well as the speed triple. MT09 on offer now with a free aka from the dealer. i will put price of my bike down to sensible second hand price if I get to remove all the extras as above.

DeadHead

ok its down to under 5k now with stock exhaust. Led indicators tail tidy rear carrier heated grips meta alarm! and i will throw in yamaha rear box also!

YAMAHA MT 700 cc 07 ABS
I appreciate it has a lot of extras but extra don't always mean you get much more for it as they are 'your' extras and not necessarily what someone else wants. There is a lot of MT-07 on AutoTrader and there is a dozen of them with less mileage and a lower price than yours, you might struggle to get your asking price. E.G £ 14' plate 555 miles for £4699, there's another with just 300miles for £4899. Maybe London prices might command a higher price I don't know.
I've been looking myself to see what mine is worth as it has similar mileage to yours so I knew when I went to the dealer for a PX what i could reasonable get.

Good luck with your sale and I hope it sells soon.

loneranger

Its gone. Traded it in for a MT09 in deep armour with a free Akra Exhaust system! Got a good package deal inclusive of accessories and part exchange so happy. I did love my MT07 but time to upgrade for a more powerful machine. I test rode it and A mode is not snatchy its just sensitive as its supposed to be. The suspension is much better than the MT07. Its gonna be here in two weeks so keep riding safe guys and enjoy. I will keep an eye on this forum as I love the chat and will sign up on the 09 site as well

Donut

So how much did they give you for a trade in and how much have you got for selling your bits.

Did consider offering a swap and cash adjustment between my 2011 Speed Triple (with Arrow Lowboy 3-1) for your MT07 (with Akra) for my wife to ride.

DeadHead

Its gone. Traded it in for a MT09 in deep armour with a free Akra Exhaust system! Got a good package deal inclusive of accessories and part exchange so happy. I did love my MT07 but time to upgrade for a more powerful machine. I test rode it and A mode is not snatchy its just sensitive as its supposed to be. The suspension is much better than the MT07. Its gonna be here in two weeks so keep riding safe guys and enjoy. I will keep an eye on this forum as I love the chat and will sign up on the 09 site as well
Good job and that's exactly what I did with mine too!
I got an amazing deal(I think) PX the MT-07 with a Race Blue MT-09 ABS, free Akrapovic pipe, lots of accessories chucked in and an Ohlins suspension upgrade at a discounted price. Collection either next week or week after not sure yet..Very happy. Got nothing against the MT-07 it's a brilliant bike.

loneranger

4600. plus i have managed so far to retrieve £800 for the accessories i took off levers left now to sell on ebay. everything else gone! No brainer really not to upgrade with the free akra on offer! i could not take my leds, rear carrier and heated grips off so they went with the bike. Ive managed to salvage for the MT09 my rizoma screen, front crash protects and my yamaha rear box! sold the akra, crash protector, rear bobbins, goes stay, belly pan, tank cover etc.

Yam MT 07

hi loneranger , which dealer gave you 4600 for your mt ? thinking about getting an mt 09 myself . how much was the 09 ?
hi deadhead , which dealer did you use ? how much did they give you for your 07 ? cheers to you both .

DeadHead

I used crescent in Bournemouth as I bought my 07 from them last year. I didn't get as much for mine as loneranger did, and £4600 seems very high for such a high mileage bike, I did however get over £500 of free accessories and an Ohlins suspension upgrade discounted by £100 and fitted labour free plus of course the full akrapovic exhaust that Yamaha are offering. Am more than happy with my deal.

Not sure what Longrangers 07 was like but mine has been used everyday in all weather has covered 3700 miles approx, it is showing signs of corrosion which is one of the reason I have asked them to treat the 09 with ACF50 before collection and they are happy to do that for me. Mine is deep armour and while it's a lovely colour it does show LOTS of micro scratches in the sun which is why I wouldn't want that colour again/

Yam MT 07

wow , I was in there two weeks ago , wished I had asked then !!!!!! how much do you think they allowed you for part ex ? what did you pay in total for your 09 ? cheers

DeadHead

Frank at Crescent looked online to see what Mt-07 sell for and there are plenty around £4600-£4700 with 500 miles on the clock so he offered me £4250 for mine which is thought was pretty reasonable. He's done me a deal on the new 2015 race blue with abs and chucked in Evotech levers, R & G radiator guard, Yamaha radiator covers(mt-09 comes with nothing?!), Yamaha tail tidy, Yamaha pod grills(blue) plus the Ohlins suspension upgrade(parts alone for this are £600) for £7984. Plus of course the exhaust itself I feel I'm getting all the money back for the MT-07 because all the stuff being chucked in is worth over £1500.