MT-07 superdry

roawser

Hi all

New rider from the Netherlands here. Just took delivery of my MT-07 a few days ago. Checking it out at home I noticed that almost all nuts and bolts have no grease whatsoever, up to the heavy bolts that hang the engine in the frame. I suppose this is normal but is it best for the bike? I can imagine everything becoming corroded very quickly with all metal parts being superdry. Should I apply some light oil with a rag or a spraycan? What do you guys use?

sdrio

If you're worried about corrosion, get some ACF50, or whatever the equivalent is on Holland.

Bolts shouldn't need grease anyway, only moving parts need lubrication, a bolt generally should stay where it is.

xt660isgood2

When they 1st came out here in the UK, March 2014 ish, many people posted similar comments. I remember trying to remove bolts on the rear footrest hangars and rounding them off, getting
the dealer to drill them out at 1st service. Most bolts/etc for whatever reason seem to be over torqued. I just apply a tad of "copper based grease" whenever I re-fit a bolt for easy removal next time

bobh

+1 with applying a smear of copper grease to any bolt that might need to come off in future. But it's always a good idea to check any bolt that's been thus treated after a few miles to make sure it's not working loose.

That includes, especially, the exhaust header nuts at the cylinder head - in a few years time, when the pipes need replacing, the nuts will be rusted solid if not treated now - the consequences are snapped studs and then the head has to be removed for an engineering shop to drill the broken bits out.