Mt-07 seat so slippery any options?

DeadHead

Picked up the bike today having not been able to get a demo ride, first thing I noticed was how incredibly slippery the seat felt while wearing my textured pants. I might get use to it, i've only done a handful of miles after all but it's like sitting on ball bearings!! Any options out there?

Igor

I'm the same with my textiles so I only wear my leathers now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goloso_b

Perhaps Eazi-Grips on the tank to improve leg grip. A yamaha dealer told me recently that official tank grips are on the way

dazzor

Must be the combination of materials; seat>pants.

My wolf titanium outlast pants have like a suede material (not sure if it's faux or real) on the bum area and I feel pretty planted on the seat.

Last edited:

DeadHead

So I either change my pants which are part of my Furygan kit so not really an option and I would have thought most textiles would be the same or look at changing the seat itself with the gel seat that yamaha offers as that looks from the picture more grippy. The seat doesn't that that comfortable anyway so might be the best option.

rappetor

The Yamaha comfort seat is certainly not a gel seat, But it is more grippy yes. A lot harder than the standard seat as well :)

goloso_b

I've just seen your bike on the picture thread and realised you already have the yamaha tank stickers. :(

DeadHead

I have them fitted, I probably need to change my riding style and grip the tank more with my knees and see if that solves the problem.
Never found this before both the kawasaki and bmw seat are very grippy, I find the MT seat a little unnerving.

robodene

You could have a word with your local upholsterer. You could consider inserting a gel pad as well as a different cover material. Might be cheaper than anything from Yamaha and more suited to you.

DeadHead

Thanks for the link Ralph that's a nice discount on the seat.
I've had a chat with my dealer and he said to give it a clean first as it might be to do with the products they used in the PDI.
If not they have a customers order comfort seat in stock I can at least go and have a look at.
The seat looks a lot better, it apparently. more comfy and has a much better cover

joeharth

You should try riding with jeans. They work pretty good. I prefer dickies because they are doubled in the knees. I believe they are 13 ounce jeans but I might be wrong. I remember they were pretty thick

DeadHead

You should try riding with jeans. They work pretty good. I prefer dickies because they are doubled in the knees. I believe they are 13 ounce jeans but I might be wrong. I remember they were pretty thick
I ride in jeans during the summer basically because they are cooler than my textile pants..now the rainy season has started and it will start to get a lot colder soon the Textiles are my only option.
The seat has got wet a number of times and with my arse sliding up and down it this past week I believe it's much improved than when I started to ride it. I think it will be alright now..

Lexington Stanway

You could try a grip mat, they sell them in most hardware places, cheapest one for me came from tesco along the bath plus and sewing kits. I use it on the back seat under goods under a cargo net. It might not work but it will only cost a couple of quid to find out. Of corse you could just go with it and get knee sliders...

addy

So I either change my pants which are part of my Furygan kit so not really an option and I would have thought most textiles would be the same or look at changing the seat itself with the gel seat that yamaha offers as that looks from the picture more grippy. The seat doesn't that that comfortable anyway so might be the best option.
I wear some Furygan Duke textile trousers sometimes and it does make the seat feel slippery but to be honest I never notice it while riding.

robodene

This one is a wacky idea, but I was thinking that knee pads (or something like it) stuck on the seat might work. Put them where the sit bones reside. (?)

xt660isgood2

I just push my nads into the tank and arrive with my more than just a smile? (obviously...same procedure can also be used by the ladies?)