MT-07 Recalls and Service bulletins

Will145

'The targets of this recall are the 1,818 units of the MT-07 and the MT-07A that were manufactured from June 3 to September 23, 2014'.

Luckily mine was before then.

cosmikdebriis

Makes you wonder what and why something changed from Ok to not Ok and then back again?

Hope mine isn't one of them as a recall would mean I'd have to re fit the original exhaust and tail light assembly, before I took it in, to avoid possible warranty issues.

Ralph

I suppose they buy in batches a batch comes in slightly short no one notices,
they don't connect the battery at the factory they run it with a auxiliary battery
hooked down the swinging arm the dealer connects the battery

P

Peter

Shorter wire is the cheaper wire. Too short wire gets more expensive.

Ralph

It seems sales are on hold in the US at the moment most likely due to this issue.
Looked at mine and the lead is on the short side and routed a bit strangely though
I cant see it being a problem.

AJ Nin

I get a plastic smell coming from my bike after a ride that may be this issue. Oh well, as long as my butt doesn't catch on fire, I guess I'll wait it out.

rappetor

Weirdly enough, my dealer (here in the Netherlands) didn't know anything about a MT-07 recall when I asked him about it today.. Guess it takes some time before it's known worldwide?

Ralph

New vehicles always have strange smells for a wile,
it's not all 07's and I believe that what is happening
is that the positive battery lead is a bit short on the
affected bikes and for some reason the lead is installed
over the bracket that crosses the battery so the seat
presses on this and it can wear through then short,
taking the seat off and looking for any sign of the
cable rubbing and if it's routed under the bracket is likely a good idea.
Dont know if it's a world wide thing yet I have not heard
officially maybe someone will come up with the serial numbers
of the bike affected then we will be able to check for sure.

goloso_b

I received today the notification for the recall campaign in Spain.
I haven't noticed any strange smells or experienced electrical faults, but my dealer told me to wait for them to receive the parts which are on the way and that it is a simple installation.
We'll see how it goes.

Draik

As for how it happens, part suppliers are notoriously unreliable. My dad works at Ford and deals with them all the time - any part that needs altering or changing at all is a complete nightmare, because everything has to be re-calibrated and they tend to kick up a stink about it. Quite often a part that was previously just fine will suddenly stop being so, because the part manufacturers are constantly trying to cut their costs. Just a side-effect of the tendency to have your parts made halfway around the world; you're at a distance, so they can get away with more.

Ralph

Yep mines one will call in next time I pass see what they say,
cant say it bothers me much excuse for free coffee.

towner87

Just checked and mine needs to go back, emailed the dealer who said its a straight forward modification and shouldn't take long. All he wanted to know was the bikes mileage to get it booked in. These things happen with any new bike/car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sven11

Mine is affected as well and I got it in April. Check yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk