MT-07 Price

D

Deleted member 20

MT-07 ABS Swedish price set to 60,900 SEK. I paid 59,900 SEK (first on order in Stockholm I think) for delivery in April.

Attachments

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and30ers, welcome to the site.

59000 sek is about 8000 usd correct? Did that include taxes?

D

Deleted member 20

Hi and30ers, welcome to the site.

59000 sek is about 8000 used correct? Did that include taxes?
Thanks! Converted to some other currencies that is:
GBP 4530 +25% Swedish VAT = GBP 5660
EUR 5430 +25% Swedish VAT = EUR 6790
USD 7395 +25% Swedish VAT = USD 9245

/Anders

D

Deleted member 20

Nice! What colour did you order?
Thanks! Stockholm will get only 6 bikes in 2014, split between two dealers. I have order #1 and first pick on color out of the 6 bikes that hopefully/eventually will arrive. Would like it to be Comp White, if not possible I will go for Race Red.

Mike, are you yourself interested in upgrading and/or adding the MT-07 to your existing SV650S?

/Anders

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Thanks! Stockholm will get only 6 bikes in 2014, split between two dealers. I have order #1 and first pick on color out of the 6 bikes that hopefully/eventually will arrive. Would like it to be Comp White, if not possible I will go for Race Red.

Mike, are you yourself interested in upgrading and/or adding the MT-07 to your existing SV650S?

/Anders
Comp White looks good! That would be my choice too.
Yes I'm going to replace my old SV with something new and the MT-07 looks like a great bike to me. Upright seating-position, nice engine (with enough power, hopefully), light and agile. Just waiting for some reviews.. :)

/Mike

Attachments

D

Deleted member 20

Comp White looks good! That would be my choice too.
Yes I'm going to replace my old SV with something new and the MT-07 looks like a great bike to me. Upright seating-position, nice engine (with enough power, hopefully), light and agile. Just waiting for some reviews.. :)
/Mike
Drove a friends SV last summer, was a fun ride. Fairing and clip-on's improve motorway riding, but for everything else I prefer the upright seating of the MT. It has the same 270 degree crank twin as my TDM 900, looking forward to similar grunt, feel and sound.

Unfortunately, waiting for reviews will lead to no MT this year, you'll then have to wait to 2015. Think Yamaha will sell all MT's before close of MC Mässan in Göteborg, 10 days from now. So I booked my order unseen/untested.

The only alternative to MT-07 I was considering was the 2013 Street Triple ABS, also a great bike.

Attachments

Mike

Drove a friends SV last summer, was a fun ride. Fairing and clip-on's improve motorway riding, but for everything else I prefer the upright seating of the MT. It has the same 270 degree crank twin as my TDM 900, looking forward to similar grunt, feel and sound.

Unfortunately, waiting for reviews will lead to no MT this year, you'll then have to wait to 2015. Think Yamaha will sell all MT's before close of MC Mässan in Göteborg, 10 days from now. So I booked my order unseen/untested.

The only alternative to MT-07 I was considering was the 2013 Street Triple ABS, also a great bike.
Hmm.. That's something I have to consider. I really would like to hear some opinions about the bike before making up my mind though. You really think they will be sold out?

I've looked at the MT09 and the Triumph Street Triple, great bikes for sure, but they cost a lot more. And I do prefer a twin, love the engine of the SV.

/Mike

D

Deleted member 20

I'm sure they will be sold out! Ask your local Yamaha Center how many MT-07's they have coming, and how many they sold already. Order early and you might be able to pick your favorite color.

The MT-07 has old school throttle wire, not the electronic MT-09 ride-by-wire with rider modes, and this is a good thing I think. I am sure the new twin will be a gem, better than the Kawa ER6 due to the 270 degree crank. Weight 182 kg is impressive. I hope and think the ABS system is modern with fast/smooth pulsation. Clocks looks ok with proper gear indicator, and larger than MT-09's dash. Looks good. Price is excellent. In my mind, not much that can go wrong.

My only hesitations on the MT-07 are: seat being on the harsh side, forks and shock being underdamped due to budget components. On the other hand, the bike isn't built for racing and I'm sure handling will be good enough for my riding skills/style.

If fuel consumption is ok, the 14 litre tank will be almost sufficient. My 900 cc TDM twin (2002 design) typically uses 4,5 to 4,9 l/100 km driving actively. Hope the MT-07 will use 3,8-4,2 l/100km, giving it a >300 km range.

/Anders

Mike

I'm sure they will be sold out! Ask your local Yamaha Center how many MT-07's they have coming, and how many they sold already. Order early and you might be able to pick your favorite color.

The MT-07 has old school throttle wire, not the electronic MT-09 ride-by-wire with rider modes, and this is a good thing I think. I am sure the new twin will be a gem, better than the Kawa ER6 due to the 270 degree crank. Weight 182 kg is impressive. I hope and think the ABS system is modern with fast/smooth pulsation. Clocks looks ok with proper gear indicator, and larger than MT-09's dash. Looks good. Price is excellent. In my mind, not much that can go wrong.

My only hesitations on the MT-07 are: seat being on the harsh side, forks and shock being underdamped due to budget components. On the other hand, the bike isn't built for racing and I'm sure handling will be good enough for my riding skills/style.

If fuel consumption is ok, the 14 litre tank will be almost sufficient. My 900 cc TDM twin (2002 design) typically uses 4,5 to 4,9 l/100 km driving actively. Hope the MT-07 will use 3,8-4,2 l/100km, giving it a >300 km range.

/Anders
I talked to a guy at Yamaha Center here in Skellefteå and he told me that they would get 4 bikes, One in each colour. Price 60900 SEK. He didn't know when the bikes would arrive but more information would be available after MC Mässan in Gothenburg next weekend. So I think I will wait until then.

/Mike

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

The MT-09 is of course a good alternative, but at +19K. Orange isn't that bad, it got the gold forks that I think looks better than silver. In my opinion Deep Armor is the best 09 color, gold forks and the only European 09 with painted front mud guard. In US they can get it in a nice red paint with black frame and gold forks, why does all European 09's get dull gray frames?

Attachments

ashe2cool

the announced price for Italy is 5690€! that goes for the white, grey and red models. the others will cost 100€ extra

D

Deleted member 20

the announced price for Italy is 5690€! that goes for the white, grey and red models. the others will cost 100€ extra
Italy:
MT-07 gray/white/red €5,690
MT-07 armor/blue €5,790
MT-07 ABS gray/white/red €6,190
MT-07 ABS armor/blue €6,295

Germany:
MT-07 €5,495
MT-07 ABS €5,995

Attachments

badger27

the price for the uk is 5199 plus on the road charges (non abs)

the current date for new bikes not already ordered is early may now

TJ63

I struck lucky - the dealer had pre-ordered exactly the bike I want, so should get it next weekend. The "on the road" charges are £200, and the ABS model is £400 more, so £5799 for the ABS model, on the road.

TJ

Last edited: