Moto Cage Screen

Eddieh93

Is the anywhere I can buy a unpainted Moto Cage screen?

Probably the best looking of the bunch just don't want it in the silver and red would like to respray in silver and race blu to match the bike.

mt-motocage.jpg

da1kini

Maybe you can buy it as unpainted spare part from a Yamaha dealer?

Otherwise just buy it and repaint it :)

Eddieh93

Cheers da1kini.

Spoke to my local dealer and he said that Yamaha strictly do not sell parts from a limited edition bike, however the dealer had a Moto Cage in stock so hopefully they think it is for that and let me have one, that would be a right result.

I would want to paint it in the silver and race blu to match the bike but in the same pattern just without the Moto Cage writing. Apparently getting the Race Blu paint is pretty tough but there is another Thread for that.

Yaminator

I looked into this as i liked it too, But the problem is you have to buy the whole kit with mounts and fixings etc... & it worked out way too expensive.
I have the puig screen and its great also i now have somewhere to put my gloves when i park up.. ;)

Eddieh93

Cheers Yamintor, I guessed I would have to buy the fittings, I assume its just the mounting brackets and another set of screws to mount straight into the existing holes?

What was the price if you were quoted if you don't mind me asking?

I have contacted my dealer but haven't heard back with a price yet but hopefully it isn't too bad?

I will let you all know.

Torque

Wow :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

You'd have to crazy like it for that price. Out of interest I've just phoned my Yamaha dealer to get the official price for the same Moto Cage fly screen as in that eBay listing (part number 1WS-F83J0-10-01) and they quoted £200, so in that sense you got a bargain !!!

Torque

155 notes for a screen that will only keep the key dry lololol what a waist of money
"Waist of money" lol :D

I agree though, I'm averse to screens for the MT-07. I think they spoil the look and are over-priced (purely my opinion though).

Waist+of+money+_74dd43d1e4b402ce7b1ab66eca7cea35.jpg

Last edited:

Eddieh93

Well I have seen people buy the Rizoma one which is ny-on £200.

Unless you own a Moto Cage Yamaha will not sell you the part for it apparently they have a strict policy regarding selling parts for Limited Edition bikes, obviously if you crashed one then they would sell upon proof of needing one.

Which is what I was told by my Yamaha dealer, but anyway got it cheaper than that and plus this way it doesn't come painted red and grey which would have sucked for my silver and race blu one haha.

Will post pictures when it arrives.

Eddieh93

Spencer, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, obviously I have more money to sped on my bike than you.

Torque

Unless you own a Moto Cage Yamaha will not sell you the part for it apparently they have a strict policy regarding selling parts for Limited Edition bikes, obviously if you crashed one then they would sell upon proof of needing one.

Which is what I was told by my Yamaha dealer, but anyway got it cheaper than that and plus this way it doesn't come painted red and grey which would have sucked for my silver and race blu one haha.

Eddie, this is not true. My dealer has just quoted me a price over the telephone and was ready to take an order (see my post on page 1) even though I just phoned out of interest - no intentions of buying one!

Eddieh93

Ye I saw the post just saying what I was told, either way I have one now and cheaper than the dealer price so winner winner.

spencer

now now Eddieh i have money but spend it on piratical thing not on screen that are smaller then the flys lol

sirphibs

Let's see them pictures then. :)