Moto Cage Hand Guards

Eddieh93

I am looking for a set of Moto cage hand guards.

I am about to buy the Moto cage fly screen as its the only one that looks acceptable for the front a in my opinion, but would like some hand guards to match, I will be painting the screen and hand guards to match my bike just missing a set of hand guards.

if anyone knows of anywhere selling them let me know.

craigieboy

They pop up on eBay from time to time, usually breaker companies so keep an eye out on there.

You can buy them new though.

Eddieh93

Been watching ebay for a while now and not found anything.

I am wanting the motocage screen and hand guards, I have found the screen but not the hand guards.

Let me know if you ever come across the hand guards or anyone breaking a motocage.

Eddieh93

Well I tried to order the screen from my local Yamaha dealer who said Yam said that they wont sell parts for the mootocage unless I can prove I own one. To which I had replies on here to say that their dealers was ready to order the parts for them.

So I assume that the same thing goes for the hand guards. Money isn't a problem.

bobh

It seems crazy to me that it's often cheaper, and possibly easier, to buy stuff from elsewhere in the EU. But maybe a good argument for staying in!

I got my Puig screen (made in Spain) from BS-Motoparts in Germany, and the Givi rack arms (made in Italy) from Motocard in Spain.

sdrio

It seems crazy to me that it's often cheaper, and possibly easier, to buy stuff from elsewhere in the EU. But maybe a good argument for staying in!

I got my Puig screen (made in Spain) from BS-Motoparts in Germany, and the Givi rack arms (made in Italy) from Motocard in Spain.
When my steering lock got broken, Yamaha over here wanted £850 + fitting, as they would only sell the lock, ignition system + immobiliser, fuel cap and seat lock as a set. Roughly a grand alltogether.

I bought the barrel + new security bolts only, which fit perfectly and completely fixed the problem from a dealer in the USA, cost me about £100 including the Fedex freight cost.Took less than a week.

Yaminator

When my steering lock got broken, Yamaha over here wanted £850 + fitting, as they would only sell the lock, ignition system + immobiliser, fuel cap and seat lock as a set. Roughly a grand alltogether.

I bought the barrel + new security bolts only, which fit perfectly and completely fixed the problem from a dealer in the USA, cost me about £100 including the Fedex freight cost.Took less than a week.
Thats very smart... ;)

Yaminator

Well I tried to order the screen from my local Yamaha dealer who said Yam said that they wont sell parts for the mootocage unless I can prove I own one. To which I had replies on here to say that their dealers was ready to order the parts for them.

So I assume that the same thing goes for the hand guards. Money isn't a problem.
Cant someone on here with a motocage get you the bits then?

Eddieh93

Just spoken to New Moores Yamaha as Flitwick motorcycles told me that Yamaha would not supply them with the parts and the fly screen is £200 and the hand guards are £265!

That's a little on the expensive side to be honest for what they actually are. But hey ho didn't expect anything less really for OEM parts i have had dealing with buying parts from Yamaha before when i crashed the R125 and brought all new parts rather than go through the insurance.

The screen on Ebay is £165, but yet to find the hand guards.