• bodypart/fairing

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • windscreen

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • exhaust

Votes: 38 61.3%

• Total voters

jeppebm

Since we had a new guy from norway talk about the "MOD-BUG" :D i thought - what is your opinion or impression has been the most important mod to us MT07 owners?

Last edited:

Noggie

The mod-bug Norwegian here :)

I think my priority list looks something like this, some functional stuff, others esthetic, and some to personalize the bike.
-exhaust
-adjustable handles (I've got short hands apparently)
-sliders, simply because I have not ridden anything with two wheels for about 20 years, apart from a bicycle.
-LED indicators
-tail tidy
-Wheel tape ( just installed on mine today)

Since I have not ridden mine much yet, after all I got it two days ago and it's winter, I have not started to look into performance mods yet.
But.
I will be on the lookout for.
-suspension
-brakes
-lights.

Stil

Those who chose suspension.

Would you be able to explain what exactly you changed and how much it cost?

Thanks!

eriks

my text from the autumn:

510 for shocks and 90 for springs

Are you an experianced rider? How hard you push the bike? Just wondering if the upgrade would make sense for a rookie

Well, can not say I am experienced on the bike, more like intermediate. But as I am actively doing rally sport I can acknowledge the importance of suspension and can notice the difference. I try to push the bike as hard as my balls allow :) meaning i got still 1cm chickenstripes. The roads here in Estonia are in quite a shape in negative sense, so there are rails and bumps all over, also in turns.
And the upgrade MAKES sense if you try to get better in leaning and fast corners.
Not speaking if track days is something you would like to do.

Can you tell me what what spec. and volume of fork oil did you use? Where did you get the information from does it come with the kit?

All specs come with the kit. Therefore I can not tell without asking from my mechanics :) But printed manual what comes with the kit is quite impressive. Explaining the principles of suspension LOL and effects from altering the settings etc.

Effects so far noticed:
when braking the nose is not diving anymore.
when changing gear down with too high revs the back is not sliding so easily.
driving straight over bumps doesn't feel at all
acceleration feels faster through better grip and because the ride is smoother
even the artificial high places on street (how you call them, from metal sometimes - where schools are) can be ridden over on 60 kmh without any feeling.
and behavior in fast long corners is fantastic. smooth, stable, confident.

had only 4 Celsius on street and it was wet so i tested only 40 km today.

balki

Need multivote option ;)
First was side sliders(£120) and home-made rad cover (free stainless steel mesh)
Then comfort seat (£150)
Then extra brake lights (in fins and jacket)(£7)
Then dna filter and scorpion exhaust(£45£525)
Now headlight bulb(nightracer£12), led indicators(£11) and relay(£13),usb dashcam on aux(£90), 12v socket with usb(£13),brake and clutch levers(£24), slimmed down number plate (still legal, 11mm border) and removed chunky plastic plate holder (kept the spar bar tho)(free)numberplate led bolt (£2) (got carried away on ebay with that last batch ;/
CIMG1481.JPG
Of all I think the scorpion pleases me the most ;) but the seat helps me enjoy the beautiful sound all day long ;)

Last edited:

Phil_B

Headlight bulb is the only real change for me in 10 months and 4000 miles. Worth doing and a 5 min job.

I did put on the Yamaha sport screen but didn't like the noise. So it came off again.

Oh, and an optimate lead for charging.

DeadHead

2500 miles since November, Changes so far..

From the list above:
Exhaust - I commute on my bike and the standard one sounds crap, it was so quiet cars just didn't know I was there, so swapped for SC Project system.

Not on list:
Headlight and side light bulbs changed - OSRAM upgrades they are now much brighter and more visible to the many blind motorists.
A few other bits like CNC chain adjusters, engine plug, metal grills etc

Not changed:
Mirrors - they are perfect already and look OK
Handlebars - I learnt my lesson on the last bike by changing the bars and then feeling uncomfortable so these are staying unchanged.
Suspension - If this was more than a commuter bike to me then yes I would definitely upgraded the suspension.

Wanted:
Rear hugger, radiator guard

Biker Bill

Suspension

Those who chose suspension.

Would you be able to explain what exactly you changed and how much it cost?

Thanks!
Below is a post I made back in I think September, If you are anywhere near Stowmarket in Suffolk, or even if yu are not I highly recoment MCT,

Hi All, I had my suspension sorted by MCT Suspension at Stowmarket this afternoon. For the front end they shortened the spacers on the top of the fork springs so lessening the pre load and changed the oil for something thicker. For the rear end they took out the shock, re valved it, re gassed it and fitted a stiffer spring. The result is that the front end no longer tries to rattle my fillings loose and the rear end no longer tries to bounce me out of the saddle. The cost? £400 plus vat. In my view money well spent and about the same as an after market rear shock on it's own. It has made such an improvement to the bike's handling. As written in a previous post on this subject there are many of us who will spend as much on aftermarket screens, belly pans and fancy brake and clutch levers.

The blokes at MCT Suspension know their stuff. I know a few people who have used them for various bikes from Blades to Street Triples all of them were pleased with the result. The way it works is after agreeing the fix with you, you sit in the workshop on a comfy leather settee supplied with tea whilst they get on with the work. And if you are lucky Thomas may have some lemon drizzle cake left. Check out their website here. .:: Online Home Of MCT Suspension ::.

balki

Nice! What made you go with scorpion over other exhausts?
wanted a stubby exhaust and the akra was too expensive, arrow too long and leovince to boxy (plus scorpion have been at it a while) i got fixated on having a scorpion and placed the order as soon as it was announced, luckily the sound is awesome (with baffle in)
from what i remember of the test ride (darkside tour) you didnt hear the akra (baffle in) untill revs topped 5k
the scorpion burbles nicely even in slow traffic.

mudrock

HANDLEBAR,

This is why I choose this,
Standard, are too narrow and high, and couldn't fit hand guards, so the best mod I've done is to fit a pair of Rental ultra lows, Brilliant.

sven11

Just bought r&g tail tidy and front fork protectors. How much work is it to swap the Handlebar?

Hammerian

Ha sto be exhaust nice Titanium Akra has to be the one... Sounds sooooo much nicer standard is rubbish and far too quiet..

Ian

Gaulois

For me it was the mirror change. So you can actually see past your elbows...

Same here, that's the first mod I have done, only because it was cheap and really necessary. I like to see cops coming onto me:)
Exhaust is as quiet as I like it. Again about the cops. They don't hear me coming from a mile away.
The suspension is perfect for me. I must have a Japanese body build, so It's either fine or I adapted to it.
Colors. I am "Quick Dipping' my way into trials and errors.
Tires. I am slowly wearing out the Battlax BT023 that came with the bike, which are fine, but would like to try the Michelin pilot road 3 or 4.
Windshield. Will probably get the Puig 180mm on my next trip to France $85 vs $130 in the US.
Rear rack and top case. I have to get those from Yamaha before the $50 off coupon from Yamaha expires in April.
Hand guards. Like Mudrock, the bark busters look very appealing to me. But do I need them? have to see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

I guess it would be possible to shave off 10 kg fat by some simple MT07 mods. Do you have some facts on missing numbers below? Have I missed something?

4100 g on after-maket exhaust
2200 g on LiFePO4 battery
____ g on Nitron rear shock
____ g on Renthal aluminium bars and weights
____ g on pillion bracket/peg removal
____ g on tail tidy kit
____ g on LED indicators