LED Intergrated Blinker Taillight on eBay - advice or anyone got one?

Lillski

Just been trawling eBay for a tail tidy and micro indicators and seen this little beauty:-

Item no 371307101780

It looks like a great piece of kit and removes the need to have indicators!

Think I may order one as a tail tidy together with this with keep the back end nice and minimal however unsure just how well it works in practice ?

Has anyone seen, owned or had experience of using/fitting this?

Thanks in advance

craigieboy

Seems like a great idea and would probably look great but out in the real world im not a fan. A guy in our bike club has one that is similar and i never really notice his indicators especially under braking (Not very safe). Not sure on the legal side of it for the UK

CVSensei

I'd be willing to bet that's not road legal here. You can tell just from pictures that it's going to be unclear in a lot of situations.

Cool concept, but impractical.

Igor

Mate of mine had the same thing on his gsxr. I never saw when he was signalling left or right and it caused a few near misses for him.

It does look good but I'd never fit it due to the fact that people just won't see the indicators.

Also not road legal in UK or europe. On ermax site they show the requirements for number plates and indicators. There has to be a minimum distance between the indicators.

Lillski

You mean this one I have been thinking about that as well I am not sure if its legal for the UK ??
Yes that's the exact one.

My initial thoughts were that it wasn't road legal and also not great for every day road use however it does look trick!

Think I will go for the Yam LED indicators along with a tail tidy.

Appreciate there are various threads on tail tidies however what would you recommend? Also I assume the Yam LED indicators are plug and play?

Thanks

Skinnerguy

Two of my mates have these - one on a 300 Ninja, the other on a CBR 500.
I personally don't like them, but at the same time, I never really have too many issues seeing their indicators. The brake light system is one that flashes three times rapidly on braking so that helps a lot I guess, although it doesn't appear to be the same for the set you're looking at.
It looks mad at a standstill and close up, the main issue I think they have is cars seeing their indicators from a distance. I usually do, but that's also because I'm looking out for it. Regular drivers, as we all know, often pay very little attention when it comes to motorcycles. I think that would be your biggest issue. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing what it looked like used in conjunction with the normal blinkers, that could be cool.

CVSensei

My initial thoughts were that it wasn't road legal and also not great for every day road use however it does look trick!

Appreciate there are various threads on tail tidies however what would you recommend? Also I assume the Yam LED indicators are plug and play?

Thanks
The best tidy I've seen so far is the Ermax one purely because of the undertray. It compliments the back end of the bike perfectly. Expensive but incredbly worth it..

I bought a tidy off ebay but I'm returning it and fitting the Ermax one :p

Igor

Led indicators aren't exactly just plug and play, even the yamaha ones!

Wrong connectors and how many resistors to use etc.

Best thing is an led relay i think (i did that) and either indy leads or cut off the old connectors on bike to replace with bullet connectors. But there are plenty of threads on this where you can get all the instructions to do this and its quite easy.

I boight indy leads but the didn't match the connection properly...

shadowmonkey

I had something like this on my cbr600 fw, I thought it was great, never had any problems with other drivers and was never stopped for it, but it was a while ago. The only down side is that if you ever need to put your hazards on it will just look like one big yellow flashing light (has he broke down, need help? Well don't know so won't stop to ask) [emoji12]

craigieboy

Thanks
Avoid the Yamaha tail tidy, known issues with quality.

The best tidy I've seen so far is the Ermax one purely because of the undertray. It compliments the back end of the bike perfectly. Expensive but incredbly worth it..

I bought a tidy off ebay but I'm returning it and fitting the Ermax one :p
Totally agree ;D

Led indicators aren't exactly just plug and play, even the yamaha ones!

Wrong connectors and how many resistors to use etc.

Best thing is an led relay i think (i did that) and either indy leads or cut off the old connectors on bike to replace with bullet connectors. But there are plenty of threads on this where you can get all the instructions to do this and its quite easy.

I boight indy leads but the didn't match the connection properly...
The rizoma indicators i installed are plug and play no cutting wires at all. Easy install.

Last edited:

Nuggets

If it doesn't carry a CE stamp (i.e. maybe on the lense or elsewhere) then it won't be legal in the UK will it? Not sure 100% but I think this is the general rule of thumb, I thought it unlikely that a US import will have CE approval but you never know.