LED Indicator Resistor Placement

Torque

I've just finished fitting an Evotech tail tidy and the Yamaha LED indicators to my MT-07, I just need to finally position the load resistors to the rear of the bike to complete the job. The only place they seem to fit is in the plastic channel to the side of the storage compartment which also carries the loom to the rear/stop lamp. Now I've not got a problem with this except... I was under the impression the resistors should be mounted to the metal of the frame for heat dissipation.

Having run the hazards for a couple of minutes with the resistors just in the plastic channel I only noticed a marginal increase in heat, they were only slightly warm to the touch. So it seems that normal use of the indicators (probably only on for 10-15 seconds at a time) should not cause a problem.

The question to any of you guys who have fitted LED indiators with the load resistors is where have you put the resistors? Was it in the plastic channel like I did or some other location?

Torque

Forget the resistors and change the blinker relay, easier and safer for £13
I used this one INDICATOR FLASHER RELAY YAMAHA R1-R6 FOR LED BULBS | eBay straight swap and just clamp the earth tag under the big screwhead next to the relay (Origional link was found in a post on here somewhere)
Oh ok good call. I wasn't sure if this relay was a straight swap on the MT-07 but now you've confirmed it I'll get one ordered. At least I can put all the rear panels and seats back on and then just swap the relay when it arrives.

loneranger

i fitted my 2 resistors under rear passenger seat. Nice and tidy. Front blinkers don need the resistors.

balki

IMG_20150121_192241.jpg
its the white sticker relay on the right (just visible) by the regulator fins

Last edited: