Internet shopping will be the death of me

CVSensei

Just managed to spend 750 sterling on aftermarket parts on a bike that I don't even have yet.. Haven't even bought my Akra/tail tidy/headlight conversion kit yet.

I have a funny mix of euphoria and shame right now.. :rolleyes:

rappetor

Haha, I know the feeling :)

And it won't get any better once you have the bike lol. Especially after you already told the wife/girlfriend 3 times 'this will be the last accessory, really!' :p

Noggie

Yeah, I got a few things when I ordered my bike, like the Akra and comfort seat.
but since then I got the LED indicators, wheel tape, and I will order a screen and tail tidy soon.
plenty of other mods are planned, so in the end it won't be cheap.

balki

Just managed to spend 750 sterling on aftermarket parts on a bike that I don't even have yet.. Haven't even bought my Akra/tail tidy/headlight conversion kit yet.

I have a funny mix of euphoria and shame right now..
What the hell did you buy ?
you need to discover fleabay and china = cheap fun and frills

CVSensei

Yeah, I got a few things when I ordered my bike, like the Akra and comfort seat.
but since then I got the LED indicators, wheel tape, and I will order a screen and tail tidy soon.
plenty of other mods are planned, so in the end it won't be cheap.
Was the Akra worth it? I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it but I'll just have to stop eating for a month or so.. Too sexy to pass up! Also what rim tape did you get? I just ordered some purple (to suit my deep armour) from customtaylor33. His tape looks incredible.. Almost like Tron ;)

CVSensei

What the hell did you buy ?
you need to discover fleabay and china = cheap fun and frills
Hahaha loads of sexy cosmetics from Ermax like bellypan, scoops and seat cowl to name a few.. And some crash bungs to make sure i don't instantly regret spending so much on plastic ;) Still so much more I want but i can't justify any more than that when I haven't even got on the bike yet! Bought most of it from jesterstrickbits.co.uk so not cheap but definitely worth it.

D

Deleted member 20

Just imagine how much the Adventure gents with big GS'es or KTM's spend just after forking out £13K on their new ride. The £750 will only get them an Adventure-spec side stand foot extender and a set of stickers when shopping from the latest Touratech catalogue ;-)

Noggie

Akra is absolutely worth it, sounds great, not like a moped anymore :)

That said, there may be cheaper exhaust options out there that has equally pleasing sound.
I opted for the factory option, just to be on the safe side with warranties and stuff, and I like the look of the Akrs.

I have a race red bike so I went with some reflective red tape from "Oxford wheel stripes", made a huge difference to the bike, I also got the comfort seat with red stitching, and that looks dogs B too :)

Haven't fitted the LED indicators yet, plan to wait until I have put some KM on it, be a shame to drop the bike and break then within a week.
Planning on some Ermax stuff myself, the underpan with tail tidy and the hugger.
Need a radiator guard too and perhaps the Yamaha billet radiator side covers, perhaps a screen, mirror extenders, and I plan to get some vinyl and wrap some parts gloss back and red.

Here is a crappy iPhone picture.

IMG_1660.jpg

Last edited:

CVSensei

Beautiful machine you have there mate.

Yeah I was set on the Akra until today when i noticed the Skorpion.. Looks amazing and apparently sounds just as good as the Akra. I heard the Akra doesn't truly shine until around 5krpm whereas the Skorp sounds great from ignition. And its much cheaper ;) Decisions!

Yeah I got reflective purple rim tape (to suit deep armour) and some straight tape for bodywork accentuation.

Hahaha yeah i bought about 5 pieces of Ermax parts. Just bought even more I can't contain myself!!!

Noggie

Beautiful machine you have there mate.

Yeah I was set on the Akra until today when i noticed the Skorpion.. Looks amazing and apparently sounds just as good as the Akra. I heard the Akra doesn't truly shine until around 5krpm whereas the Skorp sounds great from ignition. And its much cheaper ;) Decisions!

Yeah I got reflective purple rim tape (to suit deep armour) and some straight tape for bodywork accentuation.

Hahaha yeah i bought about 5 pieces of Ermax parts. Just bought even more I can't contain myself!!!
Thanks.

Hehe know the feeling. My problem is that I still don't have a license, passed my theoretical exam yesterday. Starting with lessons after Easter, and due to my work schedule I should have my license first week of June.
So she's just a garage queen for now, which gives me plenty of time to shop around, but because I'm a novice, I will wait to put on some of the parts until I have put some miles on her. Like I said, too bad to break it after a week or so.
I did drive a tuned moped, like a maniac in my youth, but that's over 20 years ago.

Have test driven her a bit though, she came with 9km on the clock, just over 30 now. I will use her as a training bike between my lessons too, I just need to ride with a friend. So it should have a few km on her when I get my license.

The scorpion is probably great, so I would not worry too much about getting that instead of the akra.

gregjet

I have found Scorpion exhausts ( at least the Scorpion Exhaust I have bought) to be very heavy. Both pipes and the mufflers. Made well enough though.
Little fact: Did you know that Akrapovic means scorpion in Slovakian ( I think it may be Czech). They were originally called Scorpion but Ford threatened to sue over the name as they had a crappy car model called the scorpion ands were worried people may confuse their second rate product for the first rate exhausts.

CVSensei

Thanks.

Hehe know the feeling. My problem is that I still don't have a license, passed my theoretical exam yesterday. Starting with lessons after Easter, and due to my work schedule I should have my license first week of June.
So she's just a garage queen for now, which gives me plenty of time to shop around, but because I'm a novice, I will wait to put on some of the parts until I have put some miles on her. Like I said, too bad to break it after a week or so.
I did drive a tuned moped, like a maniac in my youth, but that's over 20 years ago.

Have test driven her a bit though, she came with 9km on the clock, just over 30 now. I will use her as a training bike between my lessons too, I just need to ride with a friend. So it should have a few km on her when I get my license.

The scorpion is probably great, so I would not worry too much about getting that instead of the akra.
Ahh you and me both mate! I'm taking my theory on 17th of March and hopefully doing my practical soon after. Hoping to be riding by beggining of April just in time for Spring :) I also work irregular shifts.. 20 days a month in Saudi Arabia, 10 days off in England. This will be my way of letting off steam.

CVSensei

I have found Scorpion exhausts ( at least the Scorpion Exhaust I have bought) to be very heavy. Both pipes and the mufflers. Made well enough though.
Little fact: Did you know that Akrapovic means scorpion in Slovakian ( I think it may be Czech). They were originally called Scorpion but Ford threatened to sue over the name as they had a crappy car model called the scorpion ands were worried people may confuse their second rate product for the first rate exhausts.
Hahaha sounds like Ford! Oh really? Well according to their website it is still a reduction in weight compared to stock pipe :D I think I'm guna go for it.

DeadHead

If you want a good exhaust look at the SC Project, it looks better, sounds better and is a lot cheaper than the Akra

CVSensei

If you want a good exhaust look at the SC Project, it looks better, sounds better and is a lot cheaper than the Akra
That was number 2 on my list before the Scorpion came along.. I personally don't like the look as much (still much better than long pipes like arrow etc) but it doesn't quite do it for me. The sound did sound fantastic on videos though.. Do you have it?

rappetor

That was number 2 on my list before the Scorpion came along.. I personally don't like the look as much (still much better than long pipes like arrow etc) but it doesn't quite do it for me. The sound did sound fantastic on videos though.. Do you have it?
I have a SC Project, if it's about sound: don't worry about it :) It sounds awesome! :p
Don't know if the neighbourhood agrees as well, but oh my what a difference with stock!
Video's don't do justice really (as with all exhaust video's really). In real it's much lower and ehh.. More awesome :)

But an Akra or Scorpion sounds great as well, I'm sure if it.

Noggie

Ahh you and me both mate! I'm taking my theory on 17th of March and hopefully doing my practical soon after. Hoping to be riding by beggining of April just in time for Spring :) I also work irregular shifts.. 20 days a month in Saudi Arabia, 10 days off in England. This will be my way of letting off steam.
:)
I'm on my way to work this coming week and will be back during Easter. Then I have 3 weeks to get in as many lessons as possible if the weather allows it. There are a lot of mandatory lessons, probably around 20 45min lessons.
Off to work in May and hopefully do my final test within a week of getting back home, they don't start with the final practical tests before May 15th, so it's not like I lose that much time anyway.

I work 28 days in South-Korea, and have 28 days off, but travel is on my time so bacically I'm away 31 days and home 25. So that is why this takes time to complete.

Last edited: