I'm going to do it

Yaminator

I've had enough.. the indicator switch gear is getting changed..!

& as i ride a different bike too its dangerous for me..
I'm trying to use the horn and when i cant find it, the next time it might be to late. :(

Eddieh93

I dont understand everyone's issue.

I have pressed the horn once instead of the indicator cancel, I haven't had an issue with it ever.

sdrio

I dont understand everyone's issue.

I have pressed the horn once instead of the indicator cancel, I haven't had an issue with it ever.
It's possibly older riders that dislike it. There is a default set of controls that almost all bikes ever made use, so those of us who have owned a few bikes are completely used to the controls being in the same place.

Yamaha in their wisdom swapped them on the MT07.

It's like someone switched a couple of keys around on your keyboard. You just keep hitting the wrong one, and even worse, you end up having to take your eyes off the road to actually sight the button you want.

Ralph

Wile I don't have any problem using the switch gear and I am older as in nr 70
I don't get why Yamaha changed from a normal set up not only the positioning
but the switches are very toy town, the ones on the 125 are better The ones fitted
to the Chinese Honley look better and are about £18 new,

sdrio

By the way - tip for you if you do it.

The MT07 has an internal splice in the wires for the pass button, but the 'standard' Yamaha switchgear may have it external to the cluster. This means you have less wires on the bike side than you have in the replacement cluster.

You need to solder both the normal high beam wire and the pass wire on the cluster to the single wire going into the headlamp for the high beam.

It's probably more obvious when you are actually doing it, but hopefully this helps avoid the headscratching and false starts I had when I did mine.

Yaminator

Thanks for that mate, i am defo doing it.. ;)
By the way - tip for you if you do it.

The MT07 has an internal splice in the wires for the pass button, but the 'standard' Yamaha switchgear may have it external to the cluster. This means you have less wires on the bike side than you have in the replacement cluster.

You need to solder both the normal high beam wire and the pass wire on the cluster to the single wire going into the headlamp for the high beam.

It's probably more obvious when you are actually doing it, but hopefully this helps avoid the headscratching and false starts I had when I did mine.