HID-Projector

jmkk

Hi fellow 07 riders,

anyone experienced with installing an HID-Projector on their bike?

If so, post pictures please ;)

Something like this:
kt-mt2-yamaha_fz8-4.jpg

towner87

I recently installed a 6000k HID headlight bulb from NCS (eBay item number 221589594500).

So much better then a standard bulb. I had a kit installed on my old bike and have never had any issues. Pretty easy to install for anyone with a bit of sense.

I will upload a picture ASAP.

jmkk

Nice dude!

But I actually mean something like this, including an angel eye, Asian style :cool:

[video=youtube;Tjm9FgjskDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjm9FgjskDw[/video]

sdrio

So what is that supposed to do? Is it just a bright light?

More to the point, can it project Breaking Bad onto the road in front of you, to make long motorway journeys more interesting?

jmkk

Haha, no, not that kind of projector ;)

It's just like the projector you see in modern cars/bikes, so yes, actually just a bright light. (purple blue-ish high intensity light)
To me it'll improve the overall look of the bike. Imo the standard headlight looks a bit cheap, kinda like on a 125cc scooter.
With this you'll be able to see better at night and people see you better at night.

I just ordered one on eBay. Now we're gonna play the waiting game..

spoonflames

Haha, no, not that kind of projector ;)

It's just like the projector you see in modern cars/bikes, so yes, actually just a bright light. (purple blue-ish high intensity light)
To me it'll improve the overall look of the bike. Imo the standard headlight looks a bit cheap, kinda like on a 125cc scooter.
With this you'll be able to see better at night and people see you better at night.

I just ordered one on eBay. Now we're gonna play the waiting game..
Could i have the link to the one you ordered please jmkk?

Anthony

I ordered this one arrived today will fit over weekend where did you mount the ballast behind light or under tank panels
I put my ballast on the right side of the bike (right while in the seat) There is a nice space next to what I guess is the ECU.

Gaz2212

Spoonflames
I have a kit that I am fitting over the weekend, will post some pictures as I go through the install, you do have to split the headlight lens from the rear casing, will put a full guide up when I have installed
The kit I have is the Morimoto kit, after doing some research it all came back to being the better aftermarket kit available, link below

Bi-xenon Mini Motor Kit - Projector Kits

Gaz2212

D2s projector with the e46 shroud, this is just about the only shroud that will fit because it has a flat at the bottom to allow for the sidelight, done a quick trial fit and it is going to work
Will post pics at the weekend