hero blobs

roama119

Went for a ride into wales today ended up doing 280 miles on quiet roads in glorious weather. Decided to try and push the bike a bit harder than normal as its well run in and I feel confident on it. I started pushing through the corners a bit harder and tried to get the bike over a bit further than I have before
this went great for about ten miles on a very twisty A road until I came to a lovely wide open hairpin left and I leant we ll over , and the blob hit the floor and stood me up. Before I knew what happened I was over onto the wrong side of the road and into the bank.
Luckily nothing was coming or I would have been over a bonnet or through a windscreen. Next job on bike? Remove these things before it happens again. Needless to say confidence took a bit of a knock and a steady run home ensued lol

Guru Woodman

lol, I was wondering the same. I think he means the bolt under the foot peg. But I'm from the new world too so it's just a wild guess.

P

Peter

Lets call blob. Half of the sphere missing from my bike. Only the first couple of time is frightening. I won't remove it. It is a good indicator that you are close to the end of the max. lean angle.

D

Deleted member 20

Replaced my blobs months ago, even before I knew they were called blobs. New ones are 32 mm shorter.

Stock blobs scrape early, catch my legs/pants when walking the bike or fiddling with the side stand, and they just look silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

busey

Looking at the pic the short bolts don't seem to offer any extra warning than a plain foot peg

D

Deleted member 20

Just undo your old ones, compare/search your own garages good-to-have spare bolts bucket, or visit your local Bauhaus or similar hardware store.

allyw71

I don't know how scraping the pegs would make the bike sit up as they are folding. Could it be that you got a fright when they scraped un-expectantly and it was you who sat the bike up? I remember the days when pegs were fixed, and you were lucky not to land on your ass when they scraped.....happy days :D