Hello from Derby

shadowmonkey

Hi,
Just thought I would say hi, really loving my MT-07 in blue. Done around 7500 miles on so far, been to wales and looking forward to a Scotland ride soon. This is one great all rounder bike, managed to get the akrapovic carbon exhaust after months of waiting still not sure if to run with or without 02 sensor. Had to get exhaust because when commuting know one could hear me until it was to late, now they hear me from afar, however you get the odd car owner trying to block your filtering route Arrh. I am from Derby and commute to Nottingham every day rain or shine, love riding out towards chesterfield and glossop A57. I have owned a few bikes and this one is near the top of my best.

Phil_B

Welcome along. :) Sounds like you've racked up some decent miles this year.

Any other mods, and is the bike holding up to use OK?

I agree, the lack of noise can be a pain when filtering or in a busy town or city.

Nuggets

welcome Shadow, with all those miles racked up a question along the lines of Phil's, how are you finding the bike's finish is holding up, I've seen other posts about the brake unions and bolts .etc suffering with the salt on the roads at the moment, are you suffering the same thing or did you protection (I'm thinking ACF 50 rather than durex)

shadowmonkey

The mods I have got on so far are, blue cobra brake lines (think its cobra), blue pazzo stuby brake levers, smoke sports screen (Yamaha), tutoro chain oiler and tank bag system with modified connector for small givi bag (Yamaha bag is way to big( modified just by turning givi connector round and then just using two holes instead of one)).

The bike is mostly holding up well however the two hard radiator pipes coming from the water pump has faded in colour so they could be looked at again maybe. Overall very pleased so far. With winter being here I use a lot of ACF 50 and applying it by using a toothbrush on just about everything and spray it in the parts I cannot reach, not had any problems with brake unions or that but I have left the bike for a week with the ice and you can see the parts I have missed with the ACF, for example the header pipe bolts and nut go white with salt, the nuts under the brake levers, a few bolts on the front of the engine and again the hard radiator pipes from the pump. So long as you have enough ACF 50 and keep checking winter should be no problem, not like the XT660X I owned one time. Oh and something else is that when cleaning the wheels and using GT85 a little bit of blue would come off the wheels.

shadowmonkey

Ohh I have mentioned in another post is that when I installed the akrapovic carbon exhaust make sure that both sides of the exhaust is tightly fastened or you will get a vibration up through your right foot which then makes your foot loose some sensation after an hour or so. Don't forget to ACF the chain adjuster bolt threads.

Ralph

I seem to remember though not certain that the two water pipes
from the pump are chrome under the paint.

shadowmonkey

I have just remembered that at about 5000 miles three of the four indicator lenses fell off. I mean literally just fell off, I got up one morning and one was on the floor and the other two were only just hanging on, so I put elastic bands round them and rode to work. When I took it to Yamaha they put four new indicators on as a warranty claim. We shall see what the next 5k bring.?

Nuggets

Christ you are giving it a good shakedown shadowmonkey, thanks for the info. I think someone else on the forum accidently t-cut the flow/return pipes to the pump and found they we're chromed so if they are a painted on finish no wonder they are starting to fade a bit.

nobull

If my mt ever arrives (ordered in sept, still no date!) i'll be passing chaddesden on my way to and from work on a 2015 race blu, with dark arrow exhaust, will keep an eye out for you!

shadowmonkey

If my mt ever arrives (ordered in sept, still no date!) i'll be passing chaddesden on my way to and from work on a 2015 race blu, with dark arrow exhaust, will keep an eye out for you
Mines a race blue, when I clean it I will post some pics. I go up A52 at spondon then to notts and pi** a few people off in the process as they are stuck in traffic and I just filter threw with a mind splitting noise LOL carbon can sooooo loud. When you are sorted maybe a ride to cmc or matlock. You will hear me before you see me ( probably already seen me ( LOL )) .

Last edited:

nobull

Heard back from dealership at last, should be with me in march, yeah will be up for a rideout on a sunny sat when it warms up! If it was you passing Asda Spondon in November as I queued, its actually down to seeing your bike in the sunshine that made me change my order to race blu, so glad I did now! I'm currently one of those pissed off people sat in traffic, twice a day from London road to the a52, roll on spring!