Had a test ride and now I've ordered one

Robbo

Hello all, first post.

I decided a couple of months ago that I wanted a new bike and that I would trade in my XVS950.

Had a look a the MT-07, joined the forum, read the posts and decided a test ride was needed.

So off I went to Raceways in Fleetwood and organised a test ride, took the bike out yesterday and loved it.

So easy to ride, very light, nice engine and can't fault it.

Took it back to Raceways and decided there and then that I had to have one so placed my order with them.

Just got to organise insurance, got 7 weeks left on my current policy so depending on how much it will cost to change over to a new bike I'll either have it in a couple of weeks or wait for 7 weeks.

In the mean time I'm searching the internet for accessories to buy.

SC project exhaust is going to be ordered. Yamaha heated grips, a comfort seat, tanks side pads and mesh air intakes will be ordered from Yamaha and fitted by them.

Probably order more items like levers, wheel rim stickers, crash bungs, radiator cover, screen and more.

Going to be expensive this.

bobh

Just got to organise insurance, got 7 weeks left on my current policy so depending on how much it will cost to change over to a new bike I'll either have it in a couple of weeks or wait for 7 weeks.
You'll almost certainly save quite a bit if you can wait the 7 weeks. If you change now you'll get stung for a hefty admin fee, even if they don't try to charge extra premium. And you can start off with a clean sheet, and another year's NCB, with your pick of the cheapest insurers, who'll usually offer an introductory deal to new customers.

Just make sure you cancel your old policy as soon as you get rid of that bike - you've probably heard about the guy who didn't and got sued by his old insurers after the new owner, who hadn't bothered with insurance, had a major accident. Oh, and check that the old insurers haven't helped themselves to another year's premium from your bank account/credit card anyway.

Crazy, this insurance game, and a game it is - they're all at it, and if you don't play along it costs.

Ralph

A fair way from Bolton to Fleetwood are there no Yam dealers there, think there's one in Wigan
then again they are good to deal with at Raceways, it's were mine came from.
welcome to the fold.

Robbo

I know it might cost a bit to change my insurance and it all depends if I can wait knowing the new bike is ready and waiting.

7 weeks is a long time.

My dad lives in Fleetwood so I'm always up there and they are a friendly bunch at Raceways.