Fuel Modification(adjust)?

kosia

Hello everyone,
I want to ask if you can modified (adjusting) you fuel ,air ,mixed from display seeting (screen) without computer and programs like power commander.
i have mt 07 grey 2015 with full exhaust leovince underbody without baffle (600€) and dna filter stage 2 (130€ )
and sometimes when the throttle it dosen't respond immidiately but aftesome milliseconds and i don't see some big difference with stage 2 fiter ....
i ask my mechanical and he told me that happend ,beause i let so much air to come inside the bike and not fuel and the only way to equalization that 2, is to buy power commander.
but he ask me if i can adjust that from display like r1....
if somebody know something on that please answer me i will be grateful..
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
best regrads

sdrio

Hello everyone,
I want to ask if you can modified (adjusting) you fuel ,air ,mixed from display seeting (screen) without computer and programs like power commander.
i have mt 07 grey 2015 with full exhaust leovince underbody without baffle (600€) and dna filter stage 2 (130€ )
and sometimes when the throttle it dosen't respond immidiately but aftesome milliseconds and i don't see some big difference with stage 2 fiter ....
i ask my mechanical and he told me that happend ,beause i let so much air to come inside the bike and not fuel and the only way to equalization that 2, is to buy power commander.
but he ask me if i can adjust that from display like r1....
if somebody know something on that please answer me i will be grateful..
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
best regrads
I'd say you can't, the MT07 doesn't give access to any kind of maintenance mode via the display, like some of the older ones did. You can't even adjust the tickover without connecting a laptop, as far as I understand.

It might be the same problem that several of us have - the fuel mixture at tickover is badly mapped, and when you blip the throttle it hesitates, and in a lot of cases, the engine cuts out altogether.

Seems that's more common on the early ones though, mine still does it, but I don't hear many people talking about it now. How old is yours? I know you said 2015, but do you know when it was manufactured?

Ralph

On some Yamaha's you can adjust it from the instruments but on the 07 you cant,
but if you have access to the software dealers use they can slightly richen the mixture
at low revs and that seems to cure it.

kosia

I buy my mt at march 2015 so 2015 model well I go to Yamaha dealer in my city they told me that they fixed and nothing happened when I drove it....is something that can I do haven't the software to do it myself....I don't want to give money for power commander.... Plus my engine shut off sometimes...

spencer

what is you bike ticking over at it should be around 1100RPM you can adjust the tick over with this
20151113_063209.jpg

Ralph

Though that screw may adjust the tick over it's not supposed to be touched as it is only there to stop
the throttle closing to far and jamming the butterfly's in the bores, the tick over is adjusted by the ecu
via the electronic idle speed adjuster on the throttle body's some say this can be adjusted with the
right software but my dealer says they can adjust the mixture but not the idle speed.

spencer

that's crazy no control over the bikes tick over, its time to get the laptop out and see if i can get hold of the software. mmmm why then did they put this adjuster screw there? and not just a stop which couldn't be adjusted.i am going to have a play with it and see what happens.

Last edited:

sdrio

that's crazy no control over the bikes tick over, its time to get the laptop out and see if i can get hold of the software. mmmm why then did they put this adjuster screw there? and not just a stop which couldn't be adjusted.i am going to have a play with it and see what happens.
I don't get it either. They probably think this is progress, this fantastic modern engine management system that stops the owner doing anything useful. It might make sense if the bloody bike worked properly.

It's like the IT guys who proudly stamp 'POSSIBLE SPAM' on the subject lines of emails, not understanding that each time it does it to a genuine message, it's actually saying 'THE IT DEPARTMENT ARE RETARDS'.

OK, carry on chaps. :D

Yaminator

Please lets have a copy of the software when you get it........?

kosia

I want the software too plz ....