Front Fork Preload Adjusters

Eddieh93

I'm sure you will need to upgrade your forks to adjustable one as the standard OEM forks are non adjustable. But then again I might be wrong.

da1kini

I'm sure you will need to upgrade your forks to adjustable one as the standard OEM forks are non adjustable. But then again I might be wrong.
I think they will work. All they do is press the forks sprungs tighter. The same way you do with the rear one? maybe I am wrong?

Noggie

Looks like a cheap way to make the Oem forks kind of adjustable.
I would not mind getting a stiffer setup to limit the front end dive under braking.

Eddieh93

Noggie you are right, also it would be nice to have a cheaper way to adjust the front fork and also the rear form behaving like a bouncy castle.

Noggie

I haven't quite made up my mind yet, but I may go for a complete suspension upgrade.
For now I have adjusted the rear pre-load from factory 3 to 6, and that did help, I may go to 7 or 8 to test.
I'm tempted by the Ohlins rear shock and fork springs kit.
Also the Hyperpro 20mm lovering kit is tempting, I'm 5´10" but with short legs it appears, so I can't get my feet planted, my heels are about an inch off the ground, not too bad, but a tad lower would not hurt for sure.

Eddieh93

Anyone recommend a suspension setting for the standard suspension for me I'm 6ft,1in and about 15 1/2 stone?

D

Deleted member 20

Anyone recommend a suspension setting for the standard suspension for me I'm 6ft,1in and about 15 1/2 stone?
Not much you can adjust without mods, only rear preload. Anyway, best way to start is to measure your front and rear preload with a tape measure. 1. Without load (wheels off ground. 2. Bike wihout rider. 3. Bike with rider with gear on. This gives you a baseline for further setup. Rear preload is easy to change. Front preload either by replacing caps to adj. types per above or by adding some spacers inside fork (stack of stainless steel washers or someting). Rear dampening is only adjustable if you replace the shock. Front dampening can be be increased by moving to a thicker oil (Ohlins #20 for example) or by changing fork internals. For example.

Eddieh93

i literally want to firm it up a bit and wa wondering what other people had set up know how to do it just want to save myself the hassle of measuring as i don't have a stand.