Free restrictor on new machines?

SMF1

Am I right in saying that all new MT-07s should come with a free restrictor and fitted for free too with a certificate if it's needed? Reason I ask is that I was charged for a restrictor on my new machine and it was money I could have been doing with otherwise. Someone clarify please? :confused: :(

Ralph

As far has I know you should not be charged,
I would contact Yamaha customer services
and ask them.

Think this is the number

[h=2]How to contact Yamaha Motors[/h][FONT=&quot]Phone Yamaha Motors on this number 0193 235 8000 to discuss replacement parts for your motorcycle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can also contact Yamaha Motors customer services via post to, for example, order a bike catalogue or offer feedback: Yamaha Motor Europe N.V., branch UK, Units A2 & A3, Kingswey Business Park, Sheerwater, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5SA.[/FONT]

Last edited:

SMF1

As far has I know you should not be charged,
I would contact Yamaha customer services
and ask them.

Think this is the number

[h=2]How to contact Yamaha Motors[/h][FONT=&quot]Phone Yamaha Motors on this number 0193 235 8000 to discuss replacement parts for your motorcycle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can also contact Yamaha Motors customer services via post to, for example, order a bike catalogue or offer feedback: Yamaha Motor Europe N.V., branch UK, Units A2 & A3, Kingswey Business Park, Sheerwater, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5SA.[/FONT]
Thanks, I plan on calling them first thing tomorrow when they open. When you Google 'MT-07 Free Restrictor' it comes up on the Yamaha website that it's free, however the article was wrote in 2014 and I'm not entirely sure if they've retracted that offer as I can't find any article later than 2014.

I will check with Yamaha themselves tomorrow before I make myself look like an idiot but was hoping someone on here who had the A2 restrictor fitted this year would be around to clarify.

Eddieh93

Yes, you get the restrictor and fitting for free from the dealer you also get a certificate.

This was done to mine before I picked it up.