Flash 2 pass garage door opener

Gaz2212

Hi guys
I have just adapted the left switch gear so the flash button operates my garage door, got sick of stopping the bike in the drive unlocking the house then getting the bike put away and also fumbling in pockets for the garage remote
the diagram below shows the process, you do need to strip the left switch gear and run an extra wire through the harness
the diode has to be used or else when you operate main beam whilst riding the bike will pull in the relay and make the garage remote transmit constantly flattening its internal battery
all I do now is pull into the drive flash the headlight and bingo garage opens
there is a product in the states called "flash2pass" but they don't respond to e-mail and to get a kit to the uk, if you can find one in stock, would be around 100 dollars, this has cost me some time, a relay and a diode
you need to take the switch apart to run the white/yellow wire out of the switch, this is the flash wire but this joins very close inside the switch to the yellow wire which is the main beam switch wire
I extended this down to the bottom of the harness where it becomes easier to configure the diode
fitted last night and works a treat

any thoughts

Gaz

Attachments

Gaz2212

yes flash still works, range on the garage remote is limited so once you are out on the road this is not a problem, yes it will temporarily send a remote signal but this is only when the flash is pulled and how many times do you actually use the flash
did think about building a small circuit so the garage door remote would only trigger if 2 pulls on the flash switch in quick succession but didn't think in the end it was needed in reality

sdrio

yes flash still works, range on the garage remote is limited so once you are out on the road this is not a problem, yes it will temporarily send a remote signal but this is only when the flash is pulled and how many times do you actually use the flash
did think about building a small circuit so the garage door remote would only trigger if 2 pulls on the flash switch in quick succession but didn't think in the end it was needed in reality
Makes sense. Nice job.

Rog

Flash2Pass on Yamaha FZ-07

I just installed a Flash2Pass on my 2015 FZ-07.

Pretty easy.

Hardest part was figuring out which of the three wires going to the headlight bulb was for the bright/high beam.
Saw it somewhere that it is usually the yellow, and it was, so it is all working now.

It will be so nice not to carry that old car remote for the garage door opener.

FZ-07 Headlight wires.jpg

Noggie

Why dont you check with your garage opener supplier?
I can get a keychain fob, or a fob that can double as keyring for my Hoermann garage door.

keyring.jpg