Fitting GPS/SatNav with Yamaha GPS Stay

DeadHead

I'm sure a few of you have found it's not easy fitting a GPS/SatNav to the MT-07, well Yamaha have made the job considerably easier with the GPS Stay bracket (1WS-234A0-00-00) priced at £38.99

This is what is supplied in the box.

Remove the clocks, by removing the 2 x allen bolts

Once the bolts are removed, carefully move the clocks so you can gain access to the bolts undernealth

Fit the GPS stay mounting bracket with the supplied bolts.DO NOT USE THE BOLTS YOU PREVIOUSLY REMOVED. Torque the new bolts to 28nm

DeadHead

Remount the clocks..you now have your GPS stay mounting bracket fitted.

TomTom V5 mount fitted using 4 screws supplied with the TomTom

All done!

I ran out of light to fit the power cable for the sat nav, it's look a simple job running the cable from the battery to the TomTom for constant power.

Last edited:

addy

Ordered one of these when I got my bike expecting it to be like the picture on their site (in the middle above the display). Used it for a few months but didn't like the position so use a ram mount now.

loneranger

think the yamaha mount bracket you have is the wrong one. Its designed for the MT09 as that bio has its speedo screen to the right side. The motto one should be centred.

DeadHead

Ordered one of these when I got my bike expecting it to be like the picture on their site (in the middle above the display). Used it for a few months but didn't like the position so use a ram mount now.
Out of interest what RAM mount are you using? The tomtom comes with ram mounts but you wouldn't even get any of them fitted to the MT dude to lack of space on the bars

DeadHead

think the yamaha mount bracket you have is the wrong one. Its designed for the MT09 as that bio has its speedo screen to the right side. The motto one should be centred.
The MT-09 bracket is vastly different to the MT-07 one and just wouldn't fit the MT-07. The illustration Yamaha use on the website doesn't match the actual product but what does match is the product code I have stamped on the box. It would have been nice if it was centered, though I'd imagine it would have been more difficult to remove the ignition keys.

1RC-234A0-00-00 MT-09 Yamaha part number
1WS-234A0-00-00 MT-07 Yamaha part number

addy

The MT-09 bracket is vastly different to the MT-07 one and just wouldn't fit the MT-07. The illustration Yamaha use on the website doesn't match the actual product but what does match is the product code I have stamped on the box. It would have been nice if it was centered, though I'd imagine it would have been more difficult to remove the ignition keys.

1RC-234A0-00-00 MT-09 Yamaha part number
1WS-234A0-00-00 MT-07 Yamaha part number
Yea it is the correct mount they just changed the design for some reason before release. I use the ram mount that came with my Garmin Zumo, has a few different mounting options but I screwed into the right mirror/brake bracket. I'll take a pic a bit later

I got a lot of glare on the screen during summer using the yamaha bracket, would have definitely kept using it though if it was in the middle cause it would look good.

Nuggets

You can also use the GPS mount to mount the controller for an e-scottoiler if you don't use a GPS, it's a much neater job than using the scottoiler universal bracket which comes with the controller.

Kudos to LONERANGER for sourcing the brackets and letting us all know about them in another thread http://www.motorcycle-talk.net/forum/mt-07-fz-07-general-discussion/869-phone-holder-sat-nav-project.html. ( Herbert Richter Adapter plate - 1492 & Herbert Richter Adapter plate Self-adhesive to 4-Holes - 1471)

I attached the adapter plate using 4 x M3x18 marine grade stainless socket head bolts, washers and nylock nuts and then degreased the back of the controller and stuck it to the sticking pad of the plater (after warming it all up slightly with a heat gun). The adhesive is incredibly strong so I am confident it's a robust solution.

IMG_4263.jpg
IMG_4265.jpg

Leeuwtje

Hi,

I’m new on this forum and very interested in the photo’s of the GPS mount from DeadHead.
Unfortunatly I cannot see the photo’s. Is it possible that someone sends me the pictures somehow?

Thanks