Ermax seat cowl - which colour?!

Lausie_d

I'm thinking of getting an Ermax seat cowl but not sure about the colour...

I'm on the Race Blue/Silver bike but think I'd like the cowl in that matt black colour that surrounds the seat.

Anyone on the same colour scheme got one? Would you help a girl out and share some pics to help me choose?!

foxracer

So I ordered one in what I thought was the correct colour (I have same colour bike as you) but it turned out not to look quite right in my opinion. I can take a picture when I get home.

Lausie_d

Oh that would be great, if you could. What colour did you buy?

I see that they sell a race blue/tech graphite which I thought might be for our colour scheme, but difficult to know when they don't post pics!!

Not sure I really want the silver anyway as I'm thinking of plasti-dipping the other silver bits on my bike at some stage, although could do that bit too I suppose.

Noggie

Not really related to the original question, but my experience with Ermax colour matched parts.

I have a race red bike and got some colour matched parts from ermax.
The colour itself almost matched, but the difference was so small that with the distance between the parts and the tank you had to take a really close look to spot it.

The thing I did notice is that the Yamaha Race Red is metallic, not so visible in normal light, but in the sun you see it well, the Ermax pars were not metallic.

That said, I am quite happy with the parts and the colour, and unless you really scrutinize the bike you don't really notice the things I mentioned.

Last edited:

sdrio

Mine's race red, the only red part is the tank/side covers (all one piece) and they're plain flat plastic. How did you manage to get a metallic one?

foxracer

So I ordered the satin grey/satin black... which is not the correct colour. Incidentally I'll be selling it soon :p

2015-09-25 13.14.31.jpg2015-09-25 13.15.39.jpg

Last edited:

Noggie

Mine's race red, the only red part is the tank/side covers (all one piece) and they're plain flat plastic. How did you manage to get a metallic one?
I said its very hard to spot, you won't see it unless you are in direct sunlight, or shine the tank with a good flashlight.
I did not spot it until I used a special flashlight detailers use when looking for swirlmarks etc in the paint. then I noticed it was a very small hint of metallic/pearl effect in the paint.
That's why I don't mind that the Ermax parts don't have it, unless the parts were in direct contact you wont see the difference