ECU Flash

y2grogory

Hi everyone

Recently installed a FT Ecu harness to smooth out my ride, allow for my exhaust/air filter and most importantly remove the engine restrictions.

The installation and actual flash went well the bike started and ran more smoothly as I hoped. Now the issue...instead of beings rpm restricted in 5th and 6th it's now restricted all my gears. I get about 8000rpm.

Has anyone else had any deal with this particular ecu or issue?

Bikes a 2016 MT07 moto cage.

Thanks in advance. Greg.

Ralph

Apart from the normal rev limit mine as never seemed to have any other retriction
it has had the fueling turned up a little at low revs to stop the odd stalling but is otherewise
standard.
If you fit a aftermarket clutch and dont install the clutch switch that retards the timing a little
and could restrict the revs in high gears.

y2grogory

I should mention my bike was restricted to 35kw as previous owner didn't have a full licence. Since I do and all the mods I've done it only seemed logical to flash with an unritrided map, I also loaded in a power commander fuel map to allow for the exact exhaust and filter combo.

Ralph

Is'n there a little throttle stop that limits throttle movement if so have you removed that.
the Australian restricted ones use different inlet rubbers but I don't think the
UK ones do.

y2grogory

My bike had the ecu restriction. Not the little L bracket or air intakes. Before I changed anything it was speed limited to 100mph or 8500rpm in 5th and 6th.

Jamieking86

Hi I’m just wondering if I put an akropovic exhaust on my mt07 do you have to flash the ecu or is it an optional thing?

Donut

Hi I’m just wondering if I put an akropovic exhaust on my mt07 do you have to flash the ecu or is it an optional thing?
The fueling on mine with Akra Ti was fine with the baffle in (and cut down) but very lean with baffle out.

Have now installed DNA filter too but had the fueling sorted at the same time.

So, it depends on how you are running yours.

Jamieking86

The fueling on mine with Akra Ti was fine with the baffle in (and cut down) but very lean with baffle out.

Have now installed DNA filter too but had the fueling sorted at the same time.

So, it depends on how you are running yours.
Well i don't have an MT07 yet, strange i know. I have my MOD1 (first UK test) in 4 days time, hoping to pass, then hoping to pass my bike test in a couple weeks or so. My ideal bike at the mo is the MT07, and i intend many mods including the akra exhaust, so i was just getting some help in advance :)

muzzz33

Hi Guys , new here recent owner of a tracer 700 , I had been interested in changing the exhaust and had spoken to my local dealer in Kilmarnock .I wasn't sure what I could do without getting into power commanders or ECU flashing .They recommended the black widow exhaust as it gave good sound for the price . I asked if they re flashed the ECU as part of the install and was told that there was no need to flash .They simply idle the bike for at least 10mins and that allows the ECU to adjust to the new exhaust .There mechanic would connect the ECU to their diagnostics to be sure of no issues . I was told they have had no issues at all form doing this method . Anyone else had this advice from a dealer ?

I have opted just now to mod the stock exhaust and it has made a huge difference to the sound and I have experienced no adverse affects .