ECU flash and DNA Stage 2 Airbox + Filter done!

e4xit

So I finally got around to doing the ECU flash and stage 2 airbox mod. which I have been wanting to do for a while now... I took the bike down to the boys at Seton Tuning in Essex to get the job done properly by some guys who have been racing Superstock for many years now (with great success!), whilst at the same time getting the 6K service done too. If you scour the internet you can find all sorts of references to "Phil from Seton Tuning knowing all there is to know about 600's" and similar praise and that seems to have all been spot on, even though I guess this is an easy-ish job for him on the scale of things.

So onto the details:

MT07 ABS 2015,
Akrapovic Ti fitted from factory, no cat and baffle removed,
No other performance mods.

My primary aim for the flash, as I thought I wasn't going to make any particularly noticeable HP gains, was to clean up the A/F ratio and get rid of the snatchy on/off of the throttle (which happens thanks to Yamaha cutting the injectors completely during full throttle closed position). Any HP/torque gains which also might come were going to be a pleasant side-effect.

IMG_1950.jpg

When I arrived back after the work was done I was very pleasantly surprised by the obvious numerical sucesses that Phil had managed to get from the bike on the dyno. chart: A/F ratio is pretty much spot on all the way through the range (I think it was within 0.4 through the whole range), 7% increase of max HP up to 71.89 and 17% increase on max torque, with improvements being shown over all RPMs! We had a quick chat about what he had done and how it had all gone and then I went for a quick test ride to see how she was feeling...

Wow! is all I can say. The snatchy throttle is virtually completely eliminated with the injectors running very slightly now when throttle closed, which has revolutionised my 1st/2nd gear city riding. All that remains is the small jolt as the various mechanical components tighten up when you open the throttle, which you obviously can never completely eliminate. The most noticeable aspect for me though has actually been the performance boost; it feels like that jump when you move from a 125 to a 600, all over again. The new torque is very noticeable and the bike is feeling stronger in every position.

All-in-all I would thoroughly recommend this modification for all of the above reasons. Also if your living south of the border then it would be well worth contacting Phil from Seton Tuning to get the work done - couldn't recommend highly enough. Cost was £300 (very worth it) with that DNA airbox and filter being about £100 It think.

Let me know if you have any questions about it all and I will do my best to answer them, but I am a bit of a n00b so might not know everything!

IMG_1951.jpg

Last edited:

Donut

Any chance you can post a bigger or downloadable copy of your dyno chart as it's a bit small to see/read.

Cheers