Dyno video: 2015 yamaha fz-07

Donut

Here's my dyno chart - note not to run the bike without a re-map if the db killer is removed from the Akra as it runs very lean otherwise.

67.5 bhp and 44.9 Ft/lb

MT-07 Dyno.jpg

sharky

I thought the MT-07 had 77 horsepower and 50 Ft. pounds of torque? Or are your figures at the rear wheel? Thanks.
I think all dyno test's measure the power delivered to the rear wheel in contrast will all factory specks unless stated otherwise.

buster

Here's the VIDEO results of my dyno run with yoshimura baffle in / DNA stage one at 16250 miles (remap)

https://youtu.be/VmBqYLmAVxU

image.jpg
Before
image.jpg
After
It's alive map that adjusts to any changes made ie baffle out /stage 2 filter etc increasing bhp an torque !

Last edited:

Scim77

Here's the VIDEO results of my dyno run with yoshimura baffle in / DNA stage one at 16250 miles (remap)

https://youtu.be/VmBqYLmAVxU

View attachment 2431
Before
View attachment 2432
After
It's alive map that adjusts to any changes made ie baffle out /stage 2 filter etc increasing bhp an torque !
Can you explain a bit more about how the remapping was done. My nearest Dyna Pro dealer is Steve Jordan but I don't think they have facilities for remapping, unless I use a Power Commander. How did your guys in Leicester do it?

buster

Hi
The bike was first run on the dyno to see what kind of figures it was making ( ie chart 1 ) and then connected to a computer via an Input cable and then the live map introduced to the ecu which takes approximately 25 minutes ,after that's done the bike is then run a second time on the dyno and the difference is measured ( chart 2 ) .
The best thing about a live map is that it adjusts to any changes made to the bike to give optimal running so if you were to add stage 2 DNA the map will read the changes and give the correct A / F to compensate for this change and give optimal running.
Hope this helps
The best thing to do would be to get in touch with Geoff or Ashley at Hilltop motorcycles and they will answer any questions you have ?
Buster

Donut

Hi
The bike was first run on the dyno to see what kind of figures it was making ( ie chart 1 ) and then connected to a computer via an Input cable and then the live map introduced to the ecu which takes approximately 25 minutes ,after that's done the bike is then run a second time on the dyno and the difference is measured ( chart 2 ) .
The best thing about a live map is that it adjusts to any changes made to the bike to give optimal running so if you were to add stage 2 DNA the map will read the changes and give the correct A / F to compensate for this change and give optimal running.
Hope this helps
The best thing to do would be to get in touch with Geoff or Ashley at Hilltop motorcycles and they will answer any questions you have ?
Buster

Looks impressive - what was the cost to have it re-mapped?

buster

The same price as a power commander but without all the wiring and messing about that goes with it ,even if you return the bike to stock ie original exhaust / filter etc this map would still optimise the running .
Ps
I'm assured the map is also undetectable by the dealers if anyone is worried about warranty issues but don't quote me on it ,you would have to speak to the guys at Hilltop about that as it gets far too technical for me !

Scim77

The same price as a power commander but without all the wiring and messing about that goes with it ,even if you return the bike to stock ie original exhaust / filter etc this map would still optimise the running .
Ps
I'm assured the map is also undetectable by the dealers if anyone is worried about warranty issues but don't quote me on it ,you would have to speak to the guys at Hilltop about that as it gets far too technical for me !

Hi Buster
I spoke with the guys at Hilltop Motorcycles. Apparently, this remap is a bespoke piece of software that they have developed and is unique to Hilltop. Once installed, the bike fires up using the original Yamaha ECU map but then notices the new divert to their software. The bike then runs using their bespoke software.
This very clever software is self-learning, intuitive and continually monitoring the ever changing conditions that the engine encounters, whether it be high altitude, different exhaust, slight variances in fuel quality etc. It makes adjustments many times a second to optimise the engine performance. Whatever changes confront the engine, the mapping recognises them, balances and optimises them to keep it on peak performance and maintains optimum air/fuel ratio. It is not a fixed re-map. It is live, adaptive and active. Very cunning. This brilliant piece of software was originally developed for professional racers.
The total package costs £360 and Hilltop encourage you to be in attendance during the whole operation, so that you can see exactly what happens and ask questions. Alternatively you could get your bike transported to them by courier.
They seem like really nice guys with whom you could completely trust your prizes possession. They are now on my own list for this fascinating upgrade. I am sure that my wife will be so thrilled to know what to get me for Christmas now!
Ian.

Last edited:

buster

Hi
Yes the guys at hilltop are great and obviously know their stuff they were recommended to me by a mate who has his race bikes tuned there .
Funny but on the day I was booked for my remap there was an Irish guy in their workshop who had just jumped on a ferry and traveled from Belfast to have his BMW K1300 remapped without booking in advance and the guys still mapped his bike which made about 30 bhp more after the map .........now that put a smile on his face.
Yep I agree it's a wicked upgrade I'll be asking for the stage 2 DNA for Christmas now and then going for another dyno run with the baffle out
Just to see what she makes then ?
I'm hoping for 75s BHP and over the 50s f/lb torque at the back wheel of course !
Now that would be a nice don't ya think!
Stay safe.
Buster.

Donut

Hi
Yes the guys at hilltop are great and obviously know their stuff they were recommended to me by a mate who has his race bikes tuned there .
Funny but on the day I was booked for my remap there was an Irish guy in their workshop who had just jumped on a ferry and traveled from Belfast to have his BMW K1300 remapped without booking in advance and the guys still mapped his bike which made about 30 bhp more after the map .........now that put a smile on his face.
Yep I agree it's a wicked upgrade I'll be asking for the stage 2 DNA for Christmas now and then going for another dyno run with the baffle out
Just to see what she makes then ?
I'm hoping for 75s BHP and over the 50s f/lb torque at the back wheel of course !
Now that would be a nice don't ya think!
Stay safe.
Buster.
I'm interested to see what Hordpower in the USA are doing with theirs:

FZ-07 Intake solution 2, with Yoshimura full exhaust

Yaminator

its weird i had a bike with 105 bhp & torque of 59 ft-lb but it couldn't wheelie in 2nd gear but the mt still manages to do it quite easily in 3rd gear...??? Baffling.........!

buster

:)Stage 2 DNA fitted
The live map adjusting with each dyno run !
Over 73 bhp at the rear wheel not bad !!!!!........and wheelie fun to ride.
image.jpg

Last edited: