Don't Buy a Yamaha

DJP

I had a minor prang on 1st February and the insurer authorised repairs a week later.

The bike is still in the shop today awaiting parts, which won't be in until next week.

Yep, 6+ weeks for parts.

The last time I had a Yam, 20 odd years ago, it was just the same.

Not impressed.

Ralph

Strangely I have a 40 year old Morini and everything I have needed in the last
20 odd years as been return of post.

D

Deleted member 20

The lesson is rather don't just own one bike at a time, you should always own at least two. Btw, same goes for underwear but that's less important.

So don't buy 1 Yamaha, buy 2 Yamahas and problem solved.

DeadHead

No problem getting parts for mine. OK, it's gone in to have the passenger lock changed, to do that though they are having to change all the locks because I only want the one key and not two. The parts arrived within a couple of days, the bike is there right now. I've had a fun day trying out the Mt-09 which they kindly lent me while the work is being done. And30ers is 100% correct you should always have 2 bikes!

Anthony

With my last bike after getting a puncture. I bought a second hand set of wheels and tyres. Then when it came to swap, I just took the wheels off, put them in my car and got them sorted as loose wheels. If I got a puncture again I could put a spare wheel on and change the now spare wheels when convenient.

xt660isgood2

The lesson is rather don't just own one bike at a time, you should always own at least two. Btw, same goes for underwear but that's less important.

So don't buy 1 Yamaha, buy 2 Yamahas and problem solved.

Totally agree. But if you are over 50, I would recommend 3 pairs of underwear?

D

Deleted member 20

MT07 party in Stockholm, end of August. Anders pad. The whole world is invited.....I'll bring your "backup" 3rd pair of panties!
You are all welcome ! as long as you ride all the way on your MT, arial map below, you can't miss it.
Guess I can fit around 30 MT's on my driveway if I just move the two VW's (red and white in pic).

View attachment 1617

nobull

I would just say don't buy a Yamaha from CMC! Seems the more you spend, the worse they think they can treat you. DONT give them your bike in px until your ready to collect your new one!

DeadHead

Perfect, I was looking for a European destination..Just one small hiccups would you allow a BMW on the drive instead of the MT?;)

D

Deleted member 20

Perfect, I was looking for a European destination..Just one small hiccups would you allow a BMW on the drive instead of the MT?;)
Beemer? Way to posh for my shabby hoods, would get nicked in no time.

xt660isgood2

Lovely pad. Please don't tell us them 2 boats are yours as well? Looking from the picture and with a bit of planning......I reckon you could probably stretch to a couple of hundred MT's if you
maximise the space on the road with bikes parking at 45 degree angles, hence not blocking the road.:D

D

Deleted member 20

Lovely pad. Please don't tell us them 2 boats are yours as well? Looking from the picture and with a bit of planning......I reckon you could probably stretch to a couple of hundred MT's if you
maximise the space on the road with bikes parking at 45 degree angles, hence not blocking the road.:D
Guilty, both are mine. Two seem to be a good number; undies, bikes, cars, yachts, kids, ...wives?