Does MT 09 Handlebar fit ?

sash

Hey guys
I find the handlebar to close to my chest when hanging off in corners and somehow wouldnt mind it a bit wider as well...
Now, without too much mucking around (not keen to change the length of all the cables etc ) has anyone found a bar that
is a bit more flat and wider, that just bolts on? - I was thinking maybe the mt 09 one?
any advise appreciated.

D

Deleted member 20

The MT09 bar is "fat" and will not fit. You need a 7/8" (22mm) clamp bar.
I have replaced the stock MT07 bar with a Renthal Road Ultra Low #758 in aluminium, different colors available.
It's wider and lower and it will solve your problem. The new position is also more forward since stock bars are bent up-and-back, not only up. Sweep (hand angle at grip area) is about the same as stock.

renthal ultra low | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:

Donut

The MT09 bar is "fat" and will not fit. You need a 7/8" (22mm) clamp bar.
I have replaced the stock MT07 bar with a Renthal Road Ultra Low #758 in aluminium, different colors available.
It's wider and lower and it will solve your problem. The new position is also more forward since stock bars are bent up-and-back, not only up. Sweep (hand angle at grip area) is about the same as stock.

renthal ultra low | eBay

I've also fitted a set of Renthal Ultra Low bars which seem to do the job nicely without any changes to cables etc.

Duluxdoggy

i can also confirm that the Renthal ultra low fit fine without changing anything, you may want o file off the plastic locating lump on the switch gear, unless you are happy to drill brand new handlebars!

sash

Thanks for the info everybody!
Been a bit busy lately and haven't had time to ride or modify any of my bikes....
Ordered the renthal bar a few min ago, ebay special for $75..... might finally post some pics of my mods once I get it....
cheers