DB Killer

Yaminator

Has anyone ever experimented with the DB killer to get a better sound???

If so, what worked for you?

Im after something in between for sound....
i hope you guys can help, Thanks.

Last edited:

Donut

Has anyone ever experimented with the DB killer to get a better sound???

If so, what worked for you?

Im after something in between for sound....
i hope you guys can help, Thanks.
Assuming you're talking about the Akra Ti then yes, take the baffle out and cut the internal pipes down to near the base and then refit. It's louder without being anti-social.

Yaminator

Not really just any db killer on any bikes...
Assuming you're talking about the Akra Ti then yes, take the baffle out and cut the internal pipes down to near the base and then refit. It's louder without being anti-social.

Yaminator

Well exhausts that have a db killer is always an aftermarket one that can be removed if you wanted, so as every body knows that the MT is still too quiet with any aftermarket exhaust with the Db KILLER inside and people find that its too loud without the DB KILLER.. So has anyone tried to modify this so they can get an in-between sound..??

Bigshow

I've got a Akaprovic titanium on mine, did the db killer mod an it sounds great!!!!. I didn't chop the internal pipes though just drilled 8mm holes in them untill I was happy with the sound.

Ralph

Dont know if it's the valve timing or crank angle or just me but they all sound like industrial engines to me,
those with pipes just sound like noisey industrial engines, all except one I see now n then and I don't know
what he has on it but it does sound good, he as always been going in the opposite direction so not yet managed
a good look. We have a guy about 3 miles away Asbo Exhausts or something like that and I wounder if it's one
of his.