Custom Helmet

Eddieh93

Investing in some new gear more importantly a new helmet.

Has anyone got a custom helmet?

I have started my design but not 100% sure if it worth it. Here is my crude design in paint, what do we think?(not finished)

helmet design.jpg

Still undecided yet and it is quite expensive as well.

Last edited:

Noggie

May not be something you all think about, but stickers and things on your helmet may compromise its crash protection.

If you look to the helmet manufacturers all helmets with all designs are crash tested.

The type of adhesive used on your design may react with the helmet shell and deteriorate it.
Painting helmets may cause the same result depending on the paint and compounds of the helmet shell.

My recommendation would be to leave your helmet alone.

Eddieh93

I am aware that stickers are not recommended by manufacturers

Its not an adhesive/stickers it's an airbrushed design.

I have looked through websites and information and airbrushing seems to be the best and safest way to go. Just looking to make it personal.

Last edited:

Noggie

I perfectly understand your reasons.
I myself would not mind a custom helmet.

Having worked in an industry for the past 10'years where safety helmets are mandatory, we are constantly told how to maintained your hard hat. Not clean with solvents, do not put stickers on it, watch the due date and the UV indicator and replace it in time.

When checking out Shoei site when I bought my GT-Air I noticed they said they tested every single decal design to make sure they did not have an impact on the safety of the helmet.

So personally, I would not mess with it.

Eddieh93

Fair enough Noggie, can't argue with your reasons to be honest.

I guess its a risk I'm willing to take, but before I have anything done I will make sure i know the full risks and speak to the company who does it.

Noggie

Sounds good Eddie.

I could do it to a secondary helmet, one I would just wear occasionally, for meet ups etc.
Been looking at Bandit helmets, but I'm told they are not comfortable, and very noisy.
Those Predator helmets also look cool, but they are poorly built and has no real crash protection, and they are huge making you look funny and disproportioned.

But yeah, I could get a bandit helmet, or an air brushed one for those Sunday trips, but not my primary helmet.

Eddieh93

I have been looking for a new helmet for a while but nothing catches my eye.

There not a company that offers customization from factory for a reasonable price.