Coming out party... for the bike

RAYDEO

so she's been parked up for 2 months since i bought her, but this weekend shes going in for her first service and finally will be out on the roads again!

cant wait!!

is there anything i should specifically get the workshop to look at, remembering this is the first service...

Phil_B

Why the lack of use Raydeo, if you don't mind me asking? Waiting for better weather in NZ?

In terms of first service, throttle body sync seems to have been the most important to check has been done. Especially around some of the stalling issues some people have had.

Oil and filter should be obvious at the sight glass and from the new filter.

Chain slack, clutch play and throttle play you'd expect to be checked due to new cables, etc. My chain definitely needed doing in that time.

Otherwise it seems to be a general check over.

Many bikes have needed a recall done on the battery lead. So I would ring ahead about that as it might mean two things can be done at once!

RAYDEO

Havnt been able to ride the bike because money has been tight since buying it, and needed a service at 1000km, which it hit in my first week of ownership.

in for a service today or tomorrow hopefully. some fantastic weather around these parts lately, but very up and down, and the wind has been nuts! but thats spring for you, from about january the weather is pretty stable.

looking forward to a good summer of riding.

RAYDEO

Awesome day for a ride, today was my first chance to just go for a ride for no reticular reason since the service.

Also decided to remove the leather strap across the pillion seat, gives it a clean look i think.

Last edited: