Comfort seat

Hastie

Does anyone have one and is the difference from the standard one worth the cost? Just done my first longish day 285 miles on the mt07 and after about 150 miles that seat wasn't pleasant. Have previously done several few hundred mile days on my old bike (Hornet) with no issues. Also I cycle a fair bit so am used to spending time in the saddle..

Was thinking about a new exhaust but I think the seat might have to come first.

addy

For me it was worth the cost, always used to get really uncomfortable after an hour and a half but with the comfort seat I feel good. I also found the normal seat very slippery with some textile trousers but the comfort seat has more grip which stopped me sliding into the tank.

Hastie

For me it was worth the cost, always used to get really uncomfortable after an hour and a half but with the comfort seat I feel good. I also found the normal seat very slippery with some textile trousers but the comfort seat has more grip which stopped me sliding into the tank.

Cheers for the reply I might give it a couple more rides first. I've only done 1000 on it so far. Either that or see if there is a dealer with one with a comfort seat I can take out to try.

Noggie

I ordered mine with a comfort seat. so far I find it very good, but since I never rode with the standard seat I cant really comment on the difference.
But I don't have any comfort issues that others have mentioned, and as Addy says, the comfort seat is not as slippy as the standard seat, I almost thought it was suede leather when I got my bike :)

jeppebm

I actually sold mine again :D to use the moneys worth on something else on the bike.

I dont think its worth the cost, but it is more hard as a seat and therefore doesnt allow your ass to go to the plastic underneath the foam right away.

It depends on ones weight aswell.

Anyways, the seat is an improvement, but to me it wasnt worth the cost.

KEVINJSTANLEY

hi
I have/had the very same issues, and believe me when I say it gets easier...either your arse hardens or the seat just gives, I don't know which but it is lot of cash for the comfort seat.
I was one click away from buying so cash was not the issue for me, but every fortnight we go on a two hundred mile ride and it is getting much easier

robodene

hi
I have/had the very same issues, and believe me when I say it gets easier...either your arse hardens or the seat just gives, I don't know which but it is lot of cash for the comfort seat.
I was one click away from buying so cash was not the issue for me, but every fortnight we go on a two hundred mile ride and it is getting much easier....
The standard seat foam is softer than either of my previous Yamahas (I modded both) and I prefer it. Only done a few rides but I am ok for nearly three hours, with a stop for fuel. I find lifting the bum off it now and again helps.

Ralph

I bought a gel pad for mine and though it is better I don't think it's the answer,
300 miles + tomorrow so likely to find out.

sdrio

It's a technical calculation, expressed as (a/fr * (s/t)br).

where;

a = arse
fr = fatness of rider
s = seat
t = thinness (of seat. Or rider. You decide)
br = bumps in road.

Mine comes out at 7.31213, which means my arse falls asleep after approximately 1 hour of riding. I am a bit fat though. Yes, it really falls asleep, you can hear these funny snoring noises.

KEVINJSTANLEY

bugger me that has cheered me up ...I thought I was the only one who snored while riding...or was that the missis while getting intimate lol where are my tablets