Brake light on until I move

addy

Noticed a few times over the past few weeks that when I turn my bike on the brake light will stay on until I ride 5-10 seconds down the road.

Checked the brakes and cant see anything obviously wrong, front brake isn't pressing on the switch, any of you noticed this or got any ideas of what I can check.

Thanks.

Ralph

The switch for the rear brake is just behind the guard over the rear brake leaver and is adjustable.

Ralph

No but I cant think of any thing that would, but if the switch is right on the point of switching it could just be that.

sdrio

Stupid question, but do you ride out of London on the A4 in the afternoon? I often see another mt07 on my commute, and it has a flickering brake light.

I'm on a red MT07.

Yaminator

Just start the bike and give the brakes an exercise before you set off... then it will tell you if its the brake switches.

addy

Stupid question, but do you ride out of London on the A4 in the afternoon? I often see another mt07 on my commute, and it has a flickering brake light.

I'm on a red MT07.
No not me, probably changed it to one of those that flicker when you brake. Was never really sure if those were legal or not as I knew someone that got a telling off from a copper about it but others have said its fine lol.

Just start the bike and give the brakes an exercise before you set off... then it will tell you if its the brake switches.
Yea I normally check the brakes and the light before every journey, when the light stayed on I left the bike running for about 5 mins and it never went off so I rode a few seconds down the road and it turned off (brakes and lights were working normally).

sdrio

Might be one of the flicker things, but it's not working properly. The brakes are flickering constantly on his, including when he takes off from the lights.