Black Widow Exhaust - is it too loud for City Communting (230mm can)

WasNotWas

Hi Guys,

Picked up my Moto Cage on Sunday and it is a great bike (farewell Aprilia Dorsoduro) the big downside (for me) is that unlike the Dorsoduro this thing is at quiet as a mouse.

I really don't like filtering with this bike as it so quiet and I like to announce my arrival if possible to the cagers in front, the Dorsoduro was not overly loud but you could hear it.

So my question is I'm looking at purchasing the black widow 230mm underslung exhaust? Have any of you guys got this exhaust and it's noise manageable around town (i.e. nice and loud, but not like a Harley with all the baffles out that send all the kids and OAP's scrambling away in the other direction?)

Cheers
Mike

Donut

For info I just purchased the 230mm can and will let you know the result...

cheers
Good luck with it. I know that with the baffle out of my Akra Ti I have to wear earplugs or suffer a headache after 30 mins or so of riding.

WasNotWas

OK so I fitted the Black Widow 230mm GP can last night, if you don't have the clearance or it touches the frame then you don't have it lined up correctly, can be a pain fitting and trying to keep the exhaust washers in at the same time (even with grease holding then in)

As for the sound, even with the baffle in it is very very loud, no idea how you can get away running these with no baffle, great for filtering - but you will not be liked by all the phone users in their cars? also children and OAP's are not happy either. Not sure what PC plod will think, so will wait and see...

bbsteinnewyork

OK so I fitted the Black Widow 230mm GP can last night, if you don't have the clearance or it touches the frame then you don't have it lined up correctly, can be a pain fitting and trying to keep the exhaust washers in at the same time (even with grease holding then in)

As for the sound, even with the baffle in it is very very loud, no idea how you can get away running these with no baffle, great for filtering - but you will not be liked by all the phone users in their cars? also children and OAP's are not happy either. Not sure what PC plod will think, so will wait and see...
Junk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WasNotWas

Thought I would update everyone on the Black Widow exhaust.

Been on for about 8 months with no problems, did not adjust the fuelling and no flat spots were detected, the exhaust headers went a nice bronze colour (good sign the engine is not running lean) and the exhaust has stood up well to a winters riding even this year with all the salt they put down in the UK.

I'm happy with the kit and the price I paid, still a bit loud (got used to it anyway) but I think it brings out the engines character..

WasNotWas

2 Year update on the Black widow GP full system:
I changed the baffle for the DB killer one as sold on the black widow website, to be honest it did not seem to lessen the DB - but it does sound better with the replacement baffle (not such a harsh sound) I ride most of the winter and it has held up well, no signs of discoloration on the end can and I think for £300 it was well worth the money - and lets be honest its the cheap end of the scale.